Echohouse, Regina Agyare, Ameyaw Debrah Media Win Big at Maiden Ghana Startup Awards
Dubbed the Biggest Night in the Startup Community in Ghana, the 2016 Ghana Startup Awards came on as the most outstanding night for startup entrepreneurs as they took turn to receive honours on behalf of businesses they have founded.
After the results were presented by KPMG, the Awards Official Statisticians, the night of bliss, splendour and celebration began as the audience took turn to applaud various winners across 16 Categories.
Out of over 1000 nominations and 129 shortlisted Startups, Echohouse Ghana Limited, a 360 creative marketing agency with years of operational experience in publishing, digital marketing, production and sales was adjudged the 2016 Startup of the Year. Regina Agyare, CEO of Soronko Solutions and current Vlisco Ambassador received the Startup Entrepreneur of the Year.
Echohouse is noted to be the brand behind; the X-Men Tour, The Echo Magazine, Kuulpeeps.com and other several projects led by its CEO, Beryl Agyekum.
Soronko Solutions has also spearheaded Tech Need Girls, one of the biggest girls empowerment program towards bridging the gender gap in the technology industry.
Hosted by Jerry Adjorlolo, the event had performances from Rhyme Sonny, ImmanuelEmmanuel (Stars of the Future Winner) and Elom.
Below is the Full List of Winners
- Startup of the Year – Echohouse Ghana Limited
- Startup Entrepreneur of the Year – Regina Agyare
- Startup Support Organisation of the Year – Startup GH
- Student Startup of the Year – Purple Trendz GH
- Social Entreprise of the Year – Soronko Solutions
- Non-Ghanaian Startup of the Year – Tonaton GH
- Food Processing Startup of the Year – Wanjo Foods
- Media Startup of the Year – Ameyaw Debrah Media
- Fashion Startup of the Year – Heel the World
- Health Startup of the Year – Incas Diagnostics
- Manufacturing Startup of the Year – Kantanka Automobile
- Technology Startup of the Year – McAbe Solutions
- Banking & Finance Startup of the Year – Mpower Payments
- Education Startup of the Year – eCampus LLC
- Agribusiness Startup of the Year - Farmerline
- Arts, Tourism & Culture Startup of the Year – KP Photography
Ekow Mensah, the CEO of The African Network of Entrepreneurs and Chairman of the Ghana Startup Awards Jury, congratulated all the Winners and encouraged other startups to follow in the footsteps of the Startups that were honoured at the event.
The Awards is an initiative of The Startup Network ( www.thestartupnetwork.org ) a subsidiary of The African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) ( www.tanoe.org ) with headline sponsorship from City Investment Company Limited; a leading investment company with over 20 years of active investment with pace-setting financial experts and professional managers who are diverting their sole interests of investment to support Startups and SMEs in Ghana.
The Awards was supported by KPMG, oldest established international accounting and advisory firm in Ghana, Pisen Ghana, Joy Business, Business Day Ghana, Ahead Media, IconceptsPR and Avance Media.