1. Ghana job came earlier than planned-
Kwesi Appiah has been an assistant to three expatriate coaches ,Claude Le Roy, Milovan Rajevac and Goran Stevanovic in his grooming process.
Appiah was however did not expect it as early as it happened.
2. Kwesi Appiah has no role model as a coach but admires Arsenal's playing style.
Kwesi Appiah admires the philosophy of coach Arsene Wenger despite not having the opportunity for practical experience with the Gunners.
In spite of being an advocate of good football, he does not necessarily look up to any coach as a role model.
3. Appiah won three trophies with Kotoko
He won three trophies for Kumasi Asante Kotoko as a substantive coach in the 95/96 season after deputizing under three different coaches including Malik Jabir between 92-95 season.
He left for London afterwards to pursue his course.
4. Kwesi Appiah rates Opoku Nti as the greatest player he has ever met in his footballing career.
5. He rejected a lucrative contract to play for Italian outfit, Torino.
After Kumasi Asante Kotoko won the Africa Club Championship in 1983, Torino made an offer to lure the gallant defender but Appiah,who was enjoying his time at the Black Stars and club level,Kotoko,rejected the deal.
He however does not regret rejecting the deal to travel outside.
6. Kwesi Appiah puts off his phone one hour before and after every game ever since he assumed the role as Black Stars coach.
7. Kwesi Appiah is not “social media crazy”.
Kwesi Appiah disabled his facebook account the moment he was appointed Black Stars coach.
He does not want to be put off by unwarranted comments.
He neither listen to radio nor read newspapers;all he does is check his mails and enjoy his quiet life.
8.Kwesi Appiah frowns on the globe-trotting of expatriate coaches he understudied.
Kwesi Appiah admits to disliking the frequent travelling of the expatriate coaches.
He believes they should spend more time monitoring the local league to fish-out talent rather than travelling outside.
9. Kwesi Appiah's demeanour does not affect his job: Kwesi Appiah has come under harsh criticisms over the past months over his soft approach.
The former Kotoko man says,his demeanour cannot be taken for granted.
10. Does not have ample social life: Appiah has been engulfed in his job, that he hardly enjoys a free time.
Appiah has his family based in London and he says,it is always difficult for him to have time for a social life.
For more Ghana football news visit www.ghanasoccernet.com