The EC boss, Jean Mensa and her deputies who were appointed by Akuffo Addo less than 4 years ago have organised an elections which have been widely criticised and blatantly rejected by the opposition leader.
There has been accusation of widespread of over-voting, swapping of votes and vote-padding. NDC has managed to show some evidence to this effect.
In some cases, the results on all the polling stations were not collated properly, however, the EC decided to declare the NPP candidate winner without properly adding the votes from all the polling stations. This was witnessed in Techiman South, Tarkwa and few other places.
The interesting one was detected at Zabzugu constituency where the electoral commission went to a secrete location believed to be the NPP parliamentary candidate’s office where the EC officials were told what to do and declared the NPP candidate the winner against the CI governing declaration of results.
Another shocking revelation is that most people in Hohoe constituency were disenfranchised paving way for NPP parliamentary candidate, Peter Amewu to win, moreover, the presidential votes were also not added to the final results EC declared.
The question many party die-hards are asking is, what next????
The following are the options on the table:
- NDC can place an injunction on the swearing-in of the Parliamentary candidates being contested for.
- The NDC can seek court order compelling the EC officials especially in Techiman South where the EC official is preventing NDC from sighting the pink sheets used to declare falsely to give them the declaration sheets to proceed to court for redress.
- The NDC can petition the Supreme Court for forensic audit of the results and declare the true winner of the election in both the Presidential and parliamentary seats being contested for.
- The Supreme Court could annul some polling stations results and order results to be re-run and add to the audited results and instruct the EC to declare the genuine results.
- Alternatively, the entire results could be annulled to pave way for fresh credible presidential elections or fresh elections of parliamentary seats that have been annulled ones.
Most Ghanaians don’t trust the Supreme Court because the current President has packed the Supreme Court with party sympathisers.
The only way the results of this flawed election could be rectified is NDC members of parliament singing and demonstrating in parliament disrupting the inauguration process.
Furthermore, a sustained and sporadic PEACEFUL demonstrations across the length and breadth of the nation to press home their demand for justice.
Michael Frempong Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad