You can always get the excess fat removed by a cosmetic surgeon, but going under the knife is risky and expensive.
To solve the problem of neck fat, you can try lifestyle changes, dietary changes, and do some neck exercises. Though the results will not be quick, sticking to a healthy eating pattern and exercise routine can help get rid of the excess fat around your neck.
1. Do the Neck Rotation Exercise
The best way to lose neck fat or any other fat in your body is by exercising. When it comes to neck exercises, the neck rotation exercise is one of the best.
It helps strengthen and tone your neck muscles. Plus, it improves neck flexibility .
- Sit up straight and look directly out in front of you.
- Slowly turn your head as far as you can to look to the left.
- Then, turn slowly to the right.
- Do 5 to 10 repetitions on the right side and left side.
2. Do the Side Resistance Exercise
Another good exercise that targets fat accumulated in the neck area is the side resistance exercise. This exercise will also strengthen your neck muscles as well as your upper back.
- Sit or stand up straight.
- Place your right hand on the right side of your head.
- Slowly bend your head to the right and push back with your right hand to prevent your head from going down.
- Hold this position for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
- Do about 10 repetitions, 2 or 3 times daily.
3. Do the Mouth Exercise
The mouth exercise is another simple yet effective way to get rid of fat around your neck. When you exercise your mouth, the effect can be seen on your neck muscles, too.
- Sit up straight and open your mouth widely.
- Put your lower lip over your bottom teeth.
- Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Then, slowly release your lips.
- Repeat this for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Do this exercise 2 or 3 times daily.