5 Keys To Managing Stress As A Student
You might feel like there is a lot of pressure to do well academically, as well as pressure to be sociable. In particular, mature students often say that they feel particularly under stress if they are struggling financially and they have invested money in the course as part of a career change, which can create extra pressure to do well.
Try to build up strategies to manage stress before it gets too much, so it's easier to respond to additional pressure – for example, around exam times.
- Try out some mindfulness exercises. There is a lot of evidence to suggest these can be really helpful, especially for managing stress. Take a look at our mindfulness pages for more information.
- Try using a planner. This can help to keep track of deadlines and key commitments and organize your study.
- Take time out to relax. Getting away from your desk, even for short periods of time, can help keep you calm.
- Keep an eye on social commitments to avoid overloading your schedule around deadlines and exams.
- Try online support and apps. There are lots of apps and websites available that can help you to manage your stress levels, such as those offering a daily meditation or mindfulness practice.
Image source: cindygalvin.co.uk