Solomon Kwashie Abbam-Quaye, District Chief Executive (DCE) for Awutu-Effutu-Senya has advised Saw-millers at Kasoa to rescind their decision to move their businesses from the hart of the town to the new market area.
Mr Abbam-Quaye said any attempt to occupy the space behind the new
Kasoa market complex forcibly by the Saw-millers would be ruthlessly resisted by the Assembly.
Briefing the press on preparations being made by the Assembly to resettle the Saw-Millers at Opeikuma, a suburb of Kasoa, at Winneba on Monday, Mr. Abbam-Quaye said the Assembly had not relented in its determination to get work on the new site complex to enable the affected Saw-Millers to move there.
The DCE disclosed that in spite of the tireless efforts by the Assembly to prepare a suitable place for the Saw-Millers, certain unpatriotic people in Kasoa were allegedly instigating the Saw-millers to move to the back of the new market by force.
He said so far, the Assembly had spent over 100,000 million cedis on the construction works on the land the Assembly acquired at Opeikuma for the project.
Mr. Abbam-Quaye said the District Assembly had already paid 200,000 million cedis land acquisition fee to owners of the land, adding that the decision to prepare a special place for the Saw-Millers was to protect traders and buyers at the new market against health hazards generated by the operation of the Saw-Millers.
He warned those who have illegally initiated moves to secure places at the new market area to stop immediately and wait for work on the resettlement site to be completed or be prepared to face the full rigours of the law.