Please, stay at home, wash your hands, wear a facemask and most importantly think about safety.
As social distancing and precautionary measures continue, Ghanaians are encouraged to practice self preservation tactics during the historic global pandemic. In this installlment of our special series titled "What Are You Doing"? We continue interviewing Ghanaian entrepreneurs, business people and influencers regarding what they are doing during this phase of the global crisis.
Today's spotlight is on Noella Kharyne Yalley. Yalley is currently the co-producer and presenter of "Hitz news at 1" an informative showbiz news bulletin on Hitz 103.9 FM, co-presenter of 'Usay Weytin' on the drive show also on Hitz.103.9 FM, and 'Showbiz This Week' a segment of Showbiz A-Z on Joy 99.7 FM. Yalley shares insite with some of her expereinces during the COVID-19 pandemic, career goals and future plans. We hope you enjoy.
1. Where were you when you heard the lockdown ended?
I was home. Our company adhered to the social distancing guidlines therefore I was excused from work for a period of time. Work shifts at the company only allowed workers to be in pairs of two at any given time.
2. What was your first thought when increased emphasis was placed on social distancing?
Honestly, it was quite weird. Having to stand at least two metres away from my mum, a loved one, or colleague at work was quite a chore for me. Initially, I struggled adapting, however, eventually I got to understand that it was for my own safety and more importantly the safety of my loved ones.
3. Describe one thing that the COVID-19 pandemic has ruined that you were looking forward to.
Aside what I do on TV and radio, I am also an entertainment reporter. I look forward to a lot of entertainment related events on the showbiz calendar. Due to the ban on social gatherings, all events over the past few monthshave been cancelled.
4. Name some top items you had to stock.
Toiletries was number one on the list, then which included fruits and vegetables.I previosuly stocked my freezer with some soups and stews I prepared before the lockdown so I was quite good.
5. If you had the chance to work with one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Internationally, I would love to work with Oprah Winfrey and Jason Lee of ‘Hollywood Unlocked’. I’m such a big fun of their works.
- Oprah's story is quite unique and one that I relate to. To work alongside Oprah's one day is a dream I plan to accomplish.
- I absolutely love Jason Lee. I always look forward to Jason's ‘Problematic’ editorial. I also look forward to working with Jason one day during Hollywood unlock or another venture.
- Locally, I would love to work with Anita Erskine. She’s a woman I just can’t describe. But if I should try, she simply embodies power and strength. She inspires me a lot and I trust fate and the universe to connect us one day soon.
6. What are you hoping to accomplish or learn during this stay home period?
I’m hoping to pay attention to myself more, connect with my spirit and rediscover myself. Often times we get so buried with work we engulf ourselves. When we neglect ourselves we become stressed and with too much stress you end up becoming depressed. Staying home for a few weeks has opened my eyes to a lot of things around and within myself. With this private time I’ve harnessed my new found potentials so watch out.
7. What is the first thing you plan to do when the pandemic is over?
Say a prayer and say THANK YOU GOD! Then visit my family, and ake tthem out to spend some quality time.
If you know anyone including yourself who would like to be interviewed contact Rashad McCrorey on Instagram at www.Instagram.com/Rashad_McCrorey