Asante Kotoko have been seeded in Pot A ahead of the CAF Confederation Cup draw on Wednesday.
The Porcupine Warriors dropped from the CAF Champions League to the Confederations Cup after failing to make the group phase.
Per their pedigree in Africa, they have been seeded which means they will avoid powerhouses such Enyimba, Horoya, Zamalek/Gen. Foot, etc.
Asante Kotoko will meet one of the clubs that have been placed in pot D namely El Nasr (LBY) Elec Sport (CHA), Fosa Juniors (MAD), Green Eagles (ZAM), FC Nouadhibou (MTN), Bandari FC (KEN),
Bidvest Wits (RSA), DC Motema Pembe (RDC), ESAE FC (BEN) and FC San Pedro (CIV)
Below is the draw procedure for the CAF Confederation Cup
1. A draw will be done to determine the matches to be played between the 8 seeded
teams of CL (POT A) and the non-seeded teams of CC (POT D)
– One ball will be drawn from pot A & one ball will be drawn from pot D
– This procedure will be repeated 8 times
2. Another draw will be done to determine the matches to be played between the 6
seeded teams of CC (POT B) & the non-seeded teams of CL (POT C)
– One ball will be drawn from pot B & one ball will be drawn from pot
– This procedure will be repeated 6 times
3. A final draw will be done to determine the matches to be played between the
remaining non-seeded teams of CL & CC (POTS C & D respectively)
– One ball will be drawn from pot C & one ball will be drawn from pot D
– This procedure will be repeated for the remaining teams
NB: The return leg matches will be played in the home of the winner of CC
*Since the winner between Zamalek & Gen. Foot is not yet decided, and since Zamalek is a ranked team, Gen.Foot will also be considered a ranked since both teams will appear on the same draw paper.