body-container-line-1

2022 WCQ: SAFA to resort to other options after FIFA dismisses protest over Ghana defeat

By Samuel Ekow Amoasi Appiah
Football News 2022 WCQ: SAFA to resort to other options after FIFA dismisses protest over Ghana defeat
DEC 4, 2021 LISTEN

The South African Football Association (SAFA) says it will consider its options after the world football governing body (FIFA) dismissed its protest following Bafana Bafana’s 1-0 loss to the Black Stars of Ghana last month.

On Friday, FIFA dismissed the demands of SAFA against Ghana.

Advocate Tebogo Monthlante, who is the Chief Executive Officer of SAFA said once SAFA gets reasons for the outcome, will sit down and weigh its options.

“We have received the decision without details and we will request FIFA for the reasons and consider our options.”

The protest lodged by South Africa following their defeat to Ghana in a 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier has been declared inadmissible by the Disciplinary Committee as it did not meet the requirements foreseen under art. 46 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code and art. 14 of the Regulations of the Preliminary Competition of the FIFA World Cup 2022.

SAFA claimed they were “robbed” by “questionable decisions” made by the Senegalese officiating team, which was headed by referee Maguette Ndiaye.

They further claimed that the game was decided by outside actors who needed a win for the Black Stars to further their own shady agendas.

Samuel Ekow Amoasi Appiah
Samuel Ekow Amoasi Appiah

Sports Journalist

ModernGhana Links
body-container-line