"Missing" Ablade Morgan resurfaces
Ablade Morgan, Accra Hearts of Oak's striker whose delayed arrival in the country after an unsuccessful trials with Nassr club of Saudi Arabia prompted the Hearts management to seek the help of the Ghana Football Association and the Foreign Affairs Ministry to help locate him has finally arrived in the country.
A statement issued by Ashford Tettey Oku, Administrative Manager of the club copied to the GNA Sports said the player confirmed that he left Saudi Arabia on Saturday but had to make a transit in Dubai. The statement said the player's delayed arrival came about when all passengers on his flight were asked to go to town briefly for a short rest because of a five hour delay of their flight schedule.
It said during the ride to town their vehicle was involved in an accident and Morgan lost consciousness and only recovered a day after the accident.
The statement said Morgan was thence sent to the airport only this Tuesday afternoon after he appeared to have recovered enough. The management of Hearts have thus requested the GFA and the Foreign Ministry not to go ahead with any search party to locate the player.
Earlier on Tuesday, Hearts asked the GFA to liase with their counterparts from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to help locate the whereabouts of their player, Ablade Morgan after they had difficulties in locating him after the trails in Saudi Arabia.
Mr Oku had earlier in an statement copied to the GNA Sports also pleaded with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to also contact the Ghanaian Embassies in the two countries for any information on the player.
The statement said Morgan and another Hearts player, Daniel Coleman were invited by Prince Saad, President of the Nassr Club of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to proceed to Riyadh for trails with the aim of signing them on.
It said the players left Ghana on August 8 and since then, Daniel Coleman has been engaged on a 10 months loan deal after an impressive trails stint.
In the case of Morgan, the Saudis are said to have requested for further time to assess the player before making any final decision regarding his engagement with the club.
The statement said over the weekend, the Hearts management heard rumours that Morgan and a few others have been involved in a motor accident either in Saudi Arabia or Kuwait.
"On hearing the news we promptly faxed officials of Nassr requesting condition of the player and the Saudis replied by phone that since they took the decision not to engage Morgan, they arranged for his return to Accra and even sent him to the Airport on Saturday, August 20" - the statement said.
The Club said contacts they made with Morgan's family in Tema confirmed that they have also not heard from the player since last weekend and said that was unusual.
It said the Saudis also went ahead to deny knowledge of any accident in their home country.
"We have this morning therefore advised the Nassr officials to go to the Airport to check whether Morgan actually boarded the plane bound for Accra or he re-routed elsewhere and to indicate who were behind and under what circumstances and other relevant details of the new arrangement", the statement said.