Modern Ghana logo

FEATURED: Can We Blame Religion For Africa’s Economic Woes?...

16.08.2005 Football News

Re-constituted Executives of Dwarfs inaugurated


Cape Coast, Aug. 16 GNA - A nine-member re-constituted Executive Committee of Cape Coast Mysterious Dwarfs has been inaugurated at Cape Coast with Mr Harry Hayford, a lawyer and former Member of Parliament for Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese constituency as its Chairman.

Mr Sam Brew Butler, Director of the Club inaugurated the Committee made up Mr Ashraf El-Tokhi, Mr Frank Hutchful, Mr John Yeboah alias Messiah, Mr Joseph Acquaye Derben, Mr Twintoh Walker, Mr Thomas K. Thompson and Ms Sabina Hagan.

The Director appealed to the members of the executive body to employ effective strategies to improve the performance of the club. He paid tribute to the former executives of the club who fought performed creditably to ensure that the Club gained promotion to the elite Premier Division.

Mr Hayford thanked the Directors of the Club for honouring him and his colleagues and appealed to the supporters to give them the necessary co-operation to ensure the smooth administration of the Club. He appealed to supporters of the Club to comport themselves during league matches to avoid sanctions from Ghana Football Association. The Rev. Father Benjamin Gyan of Cape Coast Anglican Church swore the executive members into office.

In another development, Cape Coast Royals fought from a 1-2 deficit at half time to beat Citrus 3-2 in their Under '14' colts league match played at Robert Mensah Sports stadium.

Citrus dominated play from the commencement of the game and scored two quick goals through their midfielder, Christian Boafo and outside right, John Sampson in the 10th and 15th minutes.

Royals forced the tide in their favour and reduced the scores to 2-1 through inside right, Baba Issah before the end of the first half. On resumption of the second half, Royals came back strongly to score their second goal through Baba Issah in the 56th minute. Issah who played a yeoman's game raised the scores to 3-2 before the full time.