FEATURED: Let's Embed Rawlings' Values In The National Psyche — Parliament...

11.04.2012 General News

Jesus One touch keeps congregation waiting

By Ghana| Joy News TV| Eric Curtis Howard
Listen to article

It was expected to be a super Sunday church service by members of the Jesus Blood Ministry to welcome back to the pulpit, their beleaguered leader and founder, Prophet Nana Kofi Yirenkyi popularly known as Jesus One Touch.

But as the clock ticked to midday and several expectant church members cladded in white apparels had thronged to the church premises, it was still unclear whether Jesus One Touch was going to join the congregation in worship.

Nevertheless church service started with the usual praise and worship and members wasted no time in singing and dancing to heartfelt songs; perhaps to thank God for releasing their pastor and leader from prison and also to thank God for the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It was clear from the nature of the church service that Jesus One Touch was to deliver the day's sermon so when the clock struck 12 noon and he had still not appeared at the church premises, the leadership of the church opened the floor for members to share testimonies to while away the time in waiting for their leader.

It was 12.30 and still Jesus One Touch had still not appeared at the church premises. The news team sought answers from the leadership of the church and was met with only one response “Oh! He will be coming to church” a tune they had been singing since 9am when the Joy News Television team arrived at the church premises.

According to the church leadership, they asked the congregation to report to church at 11 am for service, since the prophet was to arrive at midday.

Tight-lipped church members will not speak to the news team on the delay claiming, their leader had been tried by the court of public arbitration and the media, and had been found guilty without recourse to the facts.

They referred our team to the leadership of the church to ascertain the whereabouts of their leader.

Others sarcastically told us, they had not asked us to arrive at the church premises so we could leave if we were tired of waiting. So at 1.30pm, the news team left the church premises and still Jesus One Touch had not showed up.

Information later gathered indicated, that Jesus One Touch showed up at the church premises at about 2.30 pm to a large crowd of jubilant worshippers. There was a street procession in the Weija community where the church is located amidst brass band music.

Meanwhile a police vehicle with four security personnel on board had parked right in front of the church premises during the service and at the time of our departure.

It was unclear what their mission was as church members were busily seen on their mobile phones, making one phone call or the other.

Modern Ghana Links