Fire on Tuesday burnt down a six-bedroom house at Nyinahin in the Atwima Mponua District, destroying personal belongings and GH¢25,000 cash.
Mr. Kwame Adjei, an eye witness, told the Ghana News Agency that the fire started at 1730 hours in one of the rooms Ghana National Fire Service personnel who were called in could not save the situation as the fire had already burnt the house.
Mr. Adjei said he was able to rescue two children who were trapped in the fire in one of the rooms at that time.
Mr. Osei Kwadwo, District Officer of the National Disaster and Management Organization (NADMO), and his team had visited the place to sympathize with the affected people.
He said his outfit would liaise with the regional office of NADMO to explore the possibility of assisting the victims and appealed to churches and organizations to also assist.