There are some things you need to do before anybody annoys you. You should deal with yourself and make them your way of life. If you wait till you get angry before learning how to handle anger, you will disappoint yourself and destroy your home. One of the biggest mistakes people make about anger is that everybody has mastered how to get angry but only few people know how to deal with it. As a result, they allow anger to deal with them and their homes.
You need to know the best way to handle anger if you want to master life:
1. Consider anger as a sin and stop bragging about it.
2. Always remember that anger rests in the bossom of a fool. (Eccl 7:9)
3. Say it to yourself, “I will never raise my voice in anger; I am in charge of my emotion” (50 times) in seven days.
4. I will rather keep quiet (wisely) rather than speak in anger and look foolish (say it 40 times)
5. During emergencies, I will swallow my saliva ten times when I am really angry before I speak so that I may apply common sense.
6. No matter what happens, I will never speak to hurt my partner; my speech will be full of grace and seasoned with salt (Collosians 4:6).
7. I will allow the Holy Spirit to be in charge of my emotion (Repeat 30 times)
8. Spirit of meekness, envelope my spirit. Spirit of quietness take over my emotion. Spirit of self- control, take over my mouth, hands and legs (Repeat 50 times).
9. Use mind builder techniques. Memorise and quote the following scriptures many times until they become part of you.
Ecclessiates 7:9 (20 times)
Proverbs 16:32 (40 times)
Proverbs 19:11 (20 times)
10. Say this loudly
“I am free from anger; anger is dangerous.”
“I am totally free from anger in Jesus name. I wash my mind, heart and soul with the blood of Jesus” (40 times)
Remember, this is a therapy. Do it constantly until it becomes part of you and you will start to feel the work of the Holy Spirit on your emotion.
Bisi Adewale is a family expert and president of college of marital success; He is an international conference speaker and an author of more than 52 books on marriage and family life, singles, love, sex and purity and intimacy. For more info join our fan page https://www.facebook.com/PastorBisiAdewale and visit www.familybooster.com, www.bisiadewale.com, or call 08068312004, or send mail to [email protected]