ModernGhana logo
31.07.2005 League Report

RTU thrash Kade Hotspurs

Listen to article

Real Tamale United (RTU) thrashed Kade Hotspurs by three goals to nil in their GT Premier League match at the Kaladan Sports stadium on Sunday.

The goal margin could have been more than three if the RTU attackers had utilized the numerous goal-scoring chances that came their way as much of the game was played in the Hotspurs half. RTU wasted a penalty in the eighth minute when Hotspurs keeper, Bampoe Mustapha clashed with Alhassan Weah, RTU's centre forward when the attacker worked his way into the 18-yard box and was ready to deliver a shot.

Toufiq Alolo, RTU;s outside right elected himself for the kick but saw his kick flying over the cross bar and Weah followed with a scissor kick that went narrowly past the goal post in the 12th minute while Alolo who had a bad game shot feebly into the waiting hands of keeper Mustapha in the 20th minute.

In the 32nd minute, Gilbert Ayekade, RTU's inside right dribbled his way into the Hotspurs goal area and he was brought down in the 18 yard box when he was in a good position to shoot at goal but his call for a penalty was however ignored by the referee.

RTU sustained the pressure on the visitors throughout the first half but the good defensive stands put up Hotspurs kept them in check to end the half goalless.

Back from the recess, RTU raised the tempo of their game and in the 58th minute, a long ball in the goal area of Hotspurs found Weah in the centre cycle who out-jumped an Hotspurs attacker to head the ball on the way of midfielder Fatawu (Owen) Seidu to tease keeper Mustapha out of the goal posts before lobbing the ball into the net for the first goal. Weah was on target in the 79th minute to put his name of the score sheet when Gilbert Ayekade struggled past a hosts of Hotspurs attackers to lay a pass for Weah to deliver a powerful shot into the net for RTU's second goal.

The match from then on degenerated into a manly game and Hotspurs, Brenya Henry was shown the red card when he violently brought down Ayekade of RTU while Philip Amoako of RTU was also shown a yellow card. With the numerical disadvantage of Hotspurs, they decided recoil back to defend but their strategy did not help them when they brought down RTU's inside left Gafaru Abdulai for Referee J.H Quarshie of Sunyani to whistle for a penalty and Weah converted the kick to register the third goal for RTU.

Abass Iddrisu was in a good position to score RTU's fourth goal but with only the keeper at his mercy to beat, he shot feebly into the keeper's hands to bring the final scores to 3-0 in favour of RTU.

Join our Newsletter