Modern Ghana logo

FEATURED: A Message At Christmas: Beware How The British Fooled Mankind With Chr...

Jan 3, 2018 | General News

Eyewitnesses Claim Refuse Container Caused Ho Central Market Fire

By MyJoyOnline
Eyewitnesses Claim Refuse Container Caused Ho Central Market Fire

A fire has brought to ashes, a section of the Ho Central Market in the Volta Regional capital Wednesday morning.

According to Joy News correspondent Hubert Mawuli Yevu-Agbi, the fire started at dawn and has destroyed shops close by.


“The Fire Service personnel told me that a policeman called them around 5:30 in the morning to report the fire”, Mr. Yevu-Agbi told Joy News TV’s AM show, Wednesday



He also reports that business activity has reduced abysmally at the market as a result of the fire. Some food item traders have however arrived to begin their activities for the day.



The Volta Regional Minister, Archibald Letsa has also been briefed on the issue and is expected to comment soon, Mr. Yevu-Agbi told News Desk programme on Joy News TV.

The Fire Service has also cautioned against dumping of hot and flammable waste into the refuse containers, especially as the harmattan season is in full swing.

13201840621 7743833538920 522770883204

13201840622 4576617717949 6305943116752

13201840622 1336599241321 8168809419497

13201840622 5400455393207 2162801661476

Listen to Audio:

Story by Ghana|| Oswald K. Azumah

Powered By Modern Ghana