Modern Ghana logo

FEATURED: Ghana Needs A College Of Common Sense To Function Well...

body-container-line
Regional News | Feb 3, 2005

50,000 Registered for Sunyani Municipal HIS

Space 87.7 Fm,Sunyani

The Sunyani Municipal Heath Insurance Scheme has so far registered over 50,000 people.

The Municipal Public Relations officer of the scheme, Mr. George Oppong Dankwah who disclosed this to Space fm in Sunyani, added that the board and management of the insurance scheme have extended the closing date for the registration from February 1, 2005 to 15th of February, 2005.

This, Mr. Dankwah said would enable those who could not register to do so.

He noted that Government Health Centers, Municipal Hospitals and Regional Hospitals will operate the scheme in the first phase.

He said pharmaceuticals, chemical shops, and Drug stores will sign contracts with the government for accreditations and subsequent sale of prescribed drugs.

Mr. Oppong stressed that essential drugs will have similar price at all sale points.

He explained that about 95% of diseases will be taken care of, leaving out the 5% diseases like cosmetic surgery (plastic surgery), artificial

Pregnancy, mortuary services and leaving out side the country for medicals.

body-container-line