Eight rooms in a compound house including a shrine, have been destroyed by fire at Anloga in the Ashanti Region capital, Kumasi.
The fire incident which occurred early Tuesday was caused by the explosion of a gas cylinder being used by a woman in the compound house.
Eyewitnesses say they heard two different explosions from the house causing residents to run out in fear.
Properties running into millions of cedis were destroyed in the fire.
Landlord and owner of the shrine, Nicholas Yaw Gboyo who spoke to JoyNews said though the Gbanke shrine has been destroyed, the Gbanke gods were not affected.
He expressed regret about not insuring the house.
Reacting to the incident, the residents lauded the speed with which fire service personnel rushed in to put out the fire. They said but for the timely intervention, more rooms would have been affected.