Modern Ghana logo

FEATURED: [trailer] Anas To Drop Shocking Video On Children At Orphanage Eating ...

body-container-line
06.04.2006 Regional News

Mosquito coil burns boy to death

By GNA

Accra, April 6, GNA - A three-and-a-half-year-old boy Kwame Kwarteng was burnt to death when fire caused by mosquito coil gutted his family house at Nanakrom near Maijor, a suburb of Accra on Monday April 3.

The Madina District Police Commander, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Mr Kwabena Antwi-Boasiako who confirmed the story to the Ghana News Agency said father of the deceased, Mr Kwaku Kwarteng lit the coil and placed it beside the ailing child and went out to buy drugs for him.

DSP Antwi-Boasiako said Mr Kwarteng returned to find the bed burnt and his son dead.

He said the incident happened when the mother of the deceased had travelled thus leaving the boy alone in the house. The corpse has been deposited at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital mortuary for autopsy

body-container-line