Footballer granted 50 million cedis bail for stealing
Cape Coast, Oct.18, GNA - Adams Musah, a footballer was on Tuesday granted 50 million cedis bail with two sureties to be justified by a Cape Coast Circuit Court for allegedly stealing 18 mobile phones and accessories valued at 32 million cedis and 11 million cedis cash. The court presided over by Mr Mustapha Logoh entered a plea of not guilty on behalf of the accused and ordered him to re-appear on November 7.
Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Augustine Amonoo told the court that the complainant Mr Jeff Asare, owns a mobile phones shop at Mankessim.
He said on June 15 this year, Mr Asare locked the shop but detected that it had been broken into and some phones and the money stolen. Police Chief Inspector Amonoo said a report was made to the police and during investigations, the police had information that one Kojo Sekyi was in possession of a chip among the phones stolen and he was arrested.
The prosecutor said Sekyi mentioned Musah as the one who gave him the chip to use since he (Musah) did not have a mobile phone and Musah was also arrested.
He said during interrogation, Musah admitted giving the chip, but claimed he picked it from the ground and gave it to Sekyi but denied knowledge of the theft.