Three Kumasi gangsters bailed, three in remand
Kumasi, April 5, GNA - Three of the six persons who were remanded by a Kumasi circuit court on suspicion of being among notorious gangsters harassing residents and vandalising shops early last month, have been granted bail totalling 135 million cedis.
Alhassan Yusif, a student, Kwabena Kyerematen, a mechanic and Sadat Musah, a 16-year-old unemployed, had pleaded not guilty to charges of causing harm and damage to properties when they earlier appeared in court on March 24.
The other three who are still in remand are Ameen Mohammed, a security man, Aziz Moro, a computer technician and Samuel Atta, unemployed.
Police Chief Inspector Janet Oseiwaah told the court, presided over by Justice Adutwum Mmorosa, that both Samuel Atta and Aziz were identified by members of the public during an identification parade mounted by the Kumasi police, while Mohammed was also refused bail for not appearing in court on the second adjourned date.
Mohammed, whose plea was not taken when he told the court that the date escaped him, will re-appear on April 11, 2005.
Police Chief Inspector Oseiwaah said the six accused on that day took refuge at the Saint Louis Training College at Mbrom, when they were being chased by the police.
She said policemen who had been detailed to supervise examinations in progress at the college assisted to apprehend them.