body-container-line-1
03.01.2016 Social News

Volunteer mechanic suffers burns

By GNA
Listen to article

Koforidua, Dec. 3, GNA - A mechanic who volunteered to help a taxi driver to start his faulty car suffered severe burns when the cab with registration number AS5163-11 burst into flames.

The mechanic who was identified only as Yusif was pulled out of the flames and rushed to the Koforidua Regional Hospital where he is receiving medical attention.

According to the driver of the taxi, Renolds Acheamfour, his vehicle lock was giving him problems and so he sent it to a garage near the Koforidua Branch of South Akim Rural Bank for repairs.

He said, after the repairs, the vehicle could not start and so Yusif who was standing near the vehicle volunteered to help him start.

According to Acheamfour, Yusif said the battery of the vehicle was weak so he went to his workshop and brought out a new battery, which he fixed on the car but the cab could not start.

He said, Yusif then explained that, the challenge could be with the fuel flow and so he went under the vehicle to check on the fuel pump on the petrol tank of the vehicle and was working on it when it burst into flames.

The fire extinguishers available could not help put off the fire and so the mechanics around called Ghana National Fire Service as they push away other vehicles near the burning taxi to avoid the fire from spreading in the garage.

GNA

ModernGhana Links
body-container-line