Modern Ghana logo

FEATURED: Ghana Needs A College Of Common Sense To Function Well...

body-container-line
Regional News | Mar 25, 2004

Jomoro takes steps to implement NHIS

GNA

Half-Assini (W/R) March 24 GNA - Mr Martin Ackah, District Chief Executive for Jomoro has appealed to the people to embrace the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) since it would cater for the health needs of the poor in society.

Mr Ackah was inaugurating a seven-member Interim Implementation Committee of the NHIS in the District.

He urged the Committee to expedite action for the scheme to take off and said contribution of premium should not be a problem since the Government had decided to pay 80 per cent of this, leaving only 20 per cent to be contributed by the people.

Mr Kojo Archer, assembly member for Allewuley, called for the involvement of all assembly members in the mobilization and education of the people for a quick and smooth take off of the scheme in the District.

Mr Emmanuel Affelkum, District Health Administrator, said the Committee would soon meet the NHIS consultant to discuss premium contribution, identity cards, training of personnel of the scheme and other related matters.

Mr Mawuli Bekui, Headmaster of Half-Assini Secondary School is the Chairman of the Committee, while Mr Thomas Tandoh, District Director, Non-Formal Education Division is Secretary and Mr Affelkum is the Technical Advisor.

Other members are Mr Kingsley Aryee, District Officer of the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Mr Joseph Mills, District Planning Officer, Mr Kojo Archer, Assembly Member for Allewuley and Miss Juliana Damgbolley, Assembly Member for Takinta.

body-container-line