ModernGhanalogo

FEATURED: 'ofori-Atta's Performance Shockingly Abysmal; He Fooled Hypocritical I...

body-container-line-1
06.08.2002 General News

Five Companies Bid for Tema-Sogakope Road

By GNA
Listen to article

Five road construction companies on Tuesday submitted their bidding documents to the Ministry of Finance for the reconstruction of the 84.5 kilometre Tema-Sogakope road scheduled to begin next month.

They were, Taylor Woodrow, Colas, China Road and Bridge Corporation, Daewoo Engineering and Construction Company Limited and SBI International Holdings NV.

This was made known to newsmen on Tuesday when the bidding opened.

The reconstruction involves demolition and site clearance, earthworks, drainage; road and paving to asphalted concrete surfacing and road furniture-markings and road signs.

A German firm, KfW would fund 85 per cent of the project while government will provide the remaining 15 per cent with a French Consultant, GAUFF Ingeniure.

Mr. Kwadwo Mpiani, the Chief of Staff, who chaired the function, told the bidders that quality and durability would be a hallmark in the contract award.

He said, the construction of the Sogakope-Akatsi-Aflao roads would take place soon after the completion of the Tema-Sogakope project.

Mr. Mpiani called on the Central Tender Board to speed up the evaluation process for the necessary approval to be made for early start of work.

Ten companies were pre-qualified, seven purchased the forms for the biding and five submitted their forms at the opening.

Powered By Modern Ghana
body-container-line