FEATURED: The Most Befitting Memorial In Honor Of The Late J. J. Rawlings...

27.04.2008 General News

Murdered man’s family seek justice

By Daily Graphic
Listen to article

The family of a 49-year-old clearing agent who was murdered in his house by unknown assailants in the early hours of Saturday, April 12, this year, has appealed to the Police administration to help bring the perpetrators to book.

Akwasi Oteng-Asamoah, who was the Managing Director of Decent Freight Limited in Accra, was killed in his bedroom around 2.00 a.m. that day by three masked men who broke into his house.

When the body was discovered, his legs had been tied with a wire and large wounds opened on the head.

Family members from Mampongteng in the Ashanti Region, led by the Oyokohene of the area, Nana Gyan Dehyee II, who made the appeal through the Daily Graphic in Kumasi on Friday, said they were upset by the way the killers butchered the deceased to death in his bedroom.

They consequently appealed to the police to help unravel the mystery to ensure that the perpetrators face justice.

According to them, a laptop was taken from the deceased's bedroom but noted that it was difficult to tell whether money was stolen.

Nana Gyan, a younger brother of the deceased, who spoke on behalf of the family, said Oteng-Asamoah lived with his three children in his house at East Pantang.

He said around 2.00 a.m. on April 12, three masked men entered the house and went to the bedroom where the three children were sleeping.

They seized a mobile phone from the children and locked them up in the room.

Nana Gyan stated that the assailants then moved into his brother's bedroom and tied him with a wire and inflicted several wounds on his head and other parts of the body.

He quoted the children of the deceased as saying that they had heard some noise in their father's bedroom but they had been afraid to raise the alarm.

“They told me that one had peeped through a hole in the door and seen the masked men moving away after killing his father,” Nana Gyan said.

According to the chief, they further told him that while the killers moved away, one of them said they had finished with the task and that they should go and wash their hands.

Nana Gyan said the Criminal Investigations Department of the Police Service was informed of the killing and its personnel went for the body, which has since been deposited at the morgue.

Modern Ghana Links