body-container-line-1
14.01.2022 Headlines

Afenyo-Markin named Best NPP MP for 2021

By Eric Nana Yaw Kwafo
Afenyo-Markin named Best NPP MP for 2021
14.01.2022 LISTEN

The Member of Parliament (MP) for Effutu Constituency in the Central Region, Hon. Alexander Kwamina Afenyo-Markin has been named the Best Majority MP for 2021.

This is according to FAKS Investigative Services known for conducting reliable surveys in the last decade.

After being elected by the people of Effutu on the ticket of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) to serve another term in Parliament in 2020, Mr. Afenyo-Markin was subsequently elected as the Deputy Majority Leader in the House.

Modernghana News can authoritatively report that the MP from all indications excelled in both capacities throughout 2021. He is well articulate in representing the views of the Majority in Parliament with his linguistic artistry and visibly demonstrated knowledge of parliamentary work.

114202212428-1j041p5ccw-alexander

Not only did he lead NPP MPs to champion the business of government in Parliament but has also blown the minds of the Effutu people with live changing developmental projects.

For his hard work, people engaged by FAKS Investigative Services in a survey last year voted him as the Best Majority MP.

While North Tongu MP Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa and Shai-Osudoku MP Hon. Linda Ohenewaa Akweley Ocloo are named Best Minority MP and Best Female MP respectively, anti-gap campaigner Hon. Sam Nartey George has been named by FAKS as the Overall Best MP for 2021.

1132022112211-23041q5dcw-83d4fc62-a1cb-420e-9c8c-732204b4eb6f

According to FAKS, the survey focused on opinions from the public, assessment from the ministries, agencies and as well as information from the Regional Coordinating Councils (RCCs).

The public contributed largely to the outcome of the survey, especially concerning the Ministers, Deputy Ministers, Regional Ministers and the CEOs of State Institutions.

FAKS Investigative Services team is made up of researchers, media practitioners and academia that do the assessment based on the outcome of the findings they received.

The survey took place between the months of October and December, 2021 and it was the 10th Edition since FAKS started this project.

Respondents for the survey were Journalists, students, traders in general, traditional rulers, teachers, business owners, civil society organizations (CSOs), drivers, academia, and others, the research stated.

It noted that about 69% of the respondents were between the ages of 18 and 55 while the remaining 31% were between the ages of 56 and 77.

Download full document here

1132022112211-23041q5dcw-83d4fc62-a1cb-420e-9c8c-732204b4eb6f

Eric Nana Yaw Kwafo
Eric Nana Yaw Kwafo

Journalist

ModernGhana Links
body-container-line