Adenta, Jan. 2, GNA - Mr. Jones Kwafo a forty-year old Madina-Newtown driver, died under a mysterious circumstance under a neem tree, at the Assemblies of God Junction in Adenta on New Year's Day. In an interview with GNA, the deceased's wife, Madam Cynthia Addae said on that fateful day, the husband instructed her to prepare soup with goat meat and fufu to celebrate the New Year as he was going to have his hair cut at the Assemblies of God Junction in Adenta. Mr. Kwafo also called Kwesi Donkor, therefore asked his wife to go to the Madina Market to purchase the necessary items for the preparation of the food and in addition instructed that on her way back home she should alight at the Assemblies Junction so that both would walk home together.
After Madam Addae had purchased the items from the market, she alighted at the Assemblies Junction. She noticed that someone was lying under a neem tree and thought some drunkard who could no longer walk was resting there.
Little did she know that the man who was lying there was her husband.
She went to the barbering shop "Top Hair Cut" and met the owner Mr Henry Gyimah, who confirmed that the husband had been there to clip his hair and had since left.
It was on her way back to the Junction that she got closer to the man lying under the tree and noticed that it was her husband who was lying dead. She quickly rushed home and reported to the family members about the mysterious death of her husband.
The Madina Police was later informed and the body of Jones Kwafo was conveyed and deposited at the Ghana Police Hospital Morgue pending autopsy.
On the day of the death of Jones Kwafo, there was a heavy down pour accompanied by thunder and lightning within that area and the family seriously suspected that he might have been struck to death by the lightning.
When GNA interviewed some students on Legon campus, many of them said according to scientific explanation, tall trees, metal electric poles and water bodies were good conductors of electricity and that lightning was made up of electrical charges that could easily pass through these objects, concluding that if therefore, one should stand within the area during lightning, one could easily be electrocuted