ICC prosecutor heads to Libya after Kadhafi son capture
THE HAGUE (AFP) - The International Crimininal Court's chief prosecutor will travel to Tripoli on Tuesday to meet Libyan authorities following the arrest of Moamer Kadhafi's son Seif al-Islam, his office said.
"Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo and Deputy Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda is to lead a delegation which will meet with Libyan authorities as part of coordination efforts following the arrest of Seif al-Islam and unconfirmed reports regarding the arrest of Abdullah al-Senussi," a statement said.
The world war crimes court on June 27 issued arrest warrants against Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi, his son Seif al-Islam and his security chief Abdullah al-Senussi for committing crimes against humanity in trying to put down Libya's bloody revolt.
The northern African country's new National Transitional Council said Sunday Senussi had been arrested, a day after Seif was caught in southern Libya.
But Libyan authorities also insisted the men should be tried in Libya, despite international pressure to have them sent to The Hague, where the ICC is based.