Lebene Kpotor, a businessman, his wife and two children escaped death when some unidentified persons allegedly set their residence ablaze at Hedzranawo, near Denu, last Tuesday.
A drinking bar belonging to Mr Kpotor was also set on fire.
Mr Kpotor, 35, is receiving treatment at the Sape Agbo Memorial Hospital for burns.
Mr Kpotor's wife and two children, aged three and six years, escaped unhurt and are putting up with relatives.
Mr Daniel Dadzie, Assembly Member for the area, told the Ghana News Agency that at about 0330 hours Mr Kpotor, who was asleep in the hall, felt some burning sensation in the foot and got up to find the mattress he was lying on was burning.
Mr Kpotor rushed into the chamber where his wife and children were, woke them up and together jumped to safety through the chamber window.
He said volunteers put out the fire at the residence and the bar but several bottles of drinks at the bar and personal belongings in the residence were lost.
The Police at Denu confirmed the incident but said no arrest had been made.