Isaac Dogboe's journey in the pugilistic sport is far from over, even though he is to take a lengthy break.
The 24-year-old will remain in the sport but will take time off and resume his university education, he has exclusively confirmed to Joy Sports.
The former world champion gained admission to the Penster University last year but had deferred studies due to the demands of his boxing career.
This decision to return to school comes after a one-on-one meeting with his father, Paul, who led his corner on the night of his humiliating loss to WBO super bantamweight champion, Emmanuel Navarette.
"I am good and glad I was not injured. It's rather unfortunate I couldn't win the bout and I guess sometimes these things happen. I am grateful to all for the massive support for this bout,” he told Joy Sports in Arizona.
He mentions that he will take time off to get himself back into school, and re-strategize to make a return to the sport.
Joy Sports understands that his team, led by his father, Paul, is in conversations with some top trainers including Floyd Mayweather Snr to take the boxer through a comprehensive training regimen.
"I want to step back to give the space to some top trainers to handle Isaac. I have done my bit and want to relax even though I will still play a role in the team," Paul Dogboe said in an earlier conversation with Joy Sports on Sunday.
However, the decision to remain in the sport has been solely taken by Isaac himself, as his father insists he cannot impose anything on the 2012 Olympian.
It is likely that Isaac will be based in the state of California when he resumes the sport. This is strategic as it will also serve the purpose of pursuing his degree in International Affairs at the Penster University.
The former WBO champion is currently on holiday in Harrisburg and is expected to spend