By Fiifi Anaman
Ghana Football Association (GFA) chief Kwesi Nyantekyi says Ghana will begin making arrangements on preparations for the World Cup in earnest.
Ghana was drawn in Group G of next summer's World Cup in Brazil at last Friday's draw alongside three-time champions Germany, Cristiano Ronaldo-led Portugal and a familiar world cup opponent in the USA.
The team will begin camping for the Mundial on the 25th of May next year, after most of the leagues around the world draw to a close.
“We will be discussing with a number of match organizers and agents; probable opponents we will be playing during the preparation period,” Kwesi Nyantakyi told ghanafa.org , the FA's official website.
Ghana will open the tournament against the USA on June 16 in Natal, before facing the Germans in Fortaleza in the second fixture. They will finally round off the group's fixtures with a clash with Portugal in Brasilia. The FA president is currently part of a contingent – including coach Kwesi Appiah – in Brazil scouting potential team bases after attending the World Cup draw.
“We will also be looking at possible venues for our preparations; the incentive or package for the team; issues of psychology, physiotherapy, medical issues to make our team fully prepared for this World Cup competition,” he added.
Ghana qualified for the World Cup in Brazil next year after defeating Egypt 7-3 over a two-legged CAF World Cup qualifying third round play-off last month.
They had earlier qualified out of Group D of the second round of qualifying, outwitting Zambia, Lesotho and Sudan.
The Black Stars will be participating in their third World Cup – after impressing on their debut in 2006 (Germany) and reaching the quarter final four years later in South Africa.
Follow @@fiifianaman https://twitter.com/@fiifianaman



I will lead with humility, unity, discipline and dedication to restore NPP to po...
Residents call for bridge over River Asukwakwa at Dodo-Bethel
NSMQ 2026 launched as 174 schools prepare for national championship
Ghana Formed Police Unit in Somalia begins five-day weapons training
Iran offers $30,000 bounty for killing or capturing US soldiers
‘Defeat Won’t Stop Me’ — Sarfo Raphael Rallies NPP After Kwakwa Victory
Okoe Boye Roars After Landslide Win: “We’re Making Bawumia President!”
Awuku Laughs Off EOCO Arrest Story: “I Was Voting, Not in Custody”
Ghanaian Evacuee Dies Moments After Touchdown at Accra Airport
Pray for GoldBod — Duncan‑Williams Says Powerful Interests Are Blocking Reforms