Lamour was the third highest-ranking Fifa official.
"Fifa can confirm that the working relationship between Fifa and Kevin Lamour as Fifa's chief operating officer has ended on August 17, 2026," a Fifa spokesperson told AFP, confirming a report in The Athletic.
"Fifa thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him the best of luck for the future."
A former employee of European governing body Uefa, Lamour had served as Fifa COO since November 2024.
He was one of the highest-ranking Fifa figures to speak out against Infantino's proposal to sell stakes in competitions, including the World Cup, to private investors.
Lamour described the plan as "the project of one person".
Fifa executives rally behind Infantino despite commercial plan fiasco
"The time has now come for football political leaders to ask themselves the right questions and make the right decisions," he said in a statement sent to the Associated Press (AP) and published on July 31.
"If that means I lose my job, then so be it," he added. "I will understand and respect that decision. At least I'll sleep well tonight."
Secretary general Mattias Grafstrom, considered Infantino's number two, and chief of global football development Arsene Wenger both later welcomed the decision to ditch the proposal.
Former Arsenal manager Wenger said it was "absolutely necessary" to scrap it.
The controversy has left Infantino's position under threat for the first time since he was first elected in 2016.
European football's governing body Uefa, North and Central America's Concacaf and the Asian Football Confederation released a joint letter earlier this month declaring "football belongs to no individual".



Akufo-Addo projects in Oti Region abandoned while our people continue to suffer ...
27-year-old spiritualist arrested over alleged attempted abduction of 11-year-ol...
Russia doubles annual scholarship allocation for Ghanaian students to 240
Police officer reveals how his colleague officers are doing arms deals with crim...
Chief Justice Baffoe-Bonnie was part of grand scheme to remove Torkornoo — Osahe...
Gomoa West MP under fire for shoving off rival Captain Smart at 2026 Akwanbɔ Fes...
Sycophants in NDC gov't seeking loopholes for Mahama's third term — Kwadwo Poku
Police debunk viral flyer claiming AirPods, earpiece use while driving is illega...
Tanker drivers suspend three-day strike after talks with BOSTenergies
GNFS rescues trapped man, salvages GH¢50,000 in Suhum road crash