BOSTenergies has engaged representatives of fuel tanker drivers over concerns about operations at its Kumasi Depot, resulting in the suspension of a planned three-day strike.
The concerns raised by the drivers relate mainly to a damaged loading arm and inadequate parking space at the Kumasi Bulk Road Vehicle (BRV) Park.
In a statement issued on Monday, August 17, the company said it had already begun addressing the issues before the drivers announced their intention to strike.
“The concerns, which led to the intention by some tanker drivers to embark on a three-day strike, were already known to management and were actively being addressed prior to the intended strike,” BOSTenergies said.
According to the company, a contractor has been engaged to replace the damaged loading arm and restore the facility to the required operational, reliability and safety standards.
BOSTenergies also said the Kumasi Depot continues to meet market demand using its existing loading arms.
On the parking challenge, the company said it had acquired land for a new 200-truck capacity facility and awarded a contract for its construction.
As an interim measure, BOSTenergies said it continues to lease a third-party facility to provide additional parking space for Bulk Road Vehicles pending completion of the new facility.
Following engagements with the tanker drivers' union, the drivers have agreed to suspend the planned strike and continue discussions with BOSTenergies while the outstanding concerns are addressed.
“Following the engagement, the tanker drivers have agreed to suspend their intention to embark on the proposed three-day strike and continue dialogue with BOSTenergies as the outstanding concerns are addressed,” the company said.
BOSTenergies said it would continue working with the tanker drivers, the National Petroleum Authority (NPA) and other relevant stakeholders to address the concerns in a sustainable manner.




Gomoa West MP under fire for shoving off rival Captain Smart at 2026 Akwanbɔ Fes...
Sycophants in NDC gov't seeking loopholes for Mahama's third term — Kwadwo Poku
Police debunk viral flyer claiming AirPods, earpiece use while driving is illega...
Tanker drivers suspend three-day strike after talks with BOSTenergies
GNFS rescues trapped man, salvages GH¢50,000 in Suhum road crash
GoldBod warns buyers as new XRF gold purity rules take effect September 1
Africa must lead together with global insights for local impact – Kafui Prebbie
S.Africa asks regional summit for unity after anti-migrant backlash
Lamour leaves key FIFA position after criticising Infantino
Bongo: Completed Gurigo mortuary abandoned for six years, families still travel ...