body-container-line-1
Mon, 17 Aug 2026 Tragedy

Two killed, seven injured in Sienta-MMT bus crash at Assin Fosu

  Mon, 17 Aug 2026
Two killed, seven injured in Sienta-MMT bus crash at Assin Fosu

Two people have died and seven others sustained injuries after a Sienta vehicle collided head-on with a Metro Mass Transit (MMT) bus at Assin Fosu in the Central Region.

The crash occurred at about 7 p.m. on Sunday when the Sienta, travelling from Cape Coast, reportedly attempted to overtake another vehicle before moving into the path of the oncoming MMT bus, which was travelling from Kumasi.

The deceased were the driver of the Sienta and one of its passengers. Five other occupants of the vehicle were injured and subsequently taken to a hospital for treatment.

The Central North Regional Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) Commander, ASP Wonder Lumor, said the vehicle being overtaken by the Sienta had slowed down to make a turn when the Sienta driver moved into the opposite lane, resulting in the collision.

The force of the impact sent the MMT bus off the road and into the wall of Obiri Yeboah Senior High School, causing part of the structure to collapse.

Three children who were walking along the road were also hit by the bus and sustained injuries. ASP Lumor said they had been admitted to St Francis Xavier Hospital and were in stable condition.

“Investigation is ongoing. The two deceased persons were from the Sienta, but no passenger from the Metro Mass died,” he said.

The MMT bus driver, William Aboagye, said the collision occurred suddenly after the Sienta moved into the path of the bus while attempting to overtake another vehicle.

Some passengers on the MMT bus, who identified themselves as traders travelling from Techiman to Mankessim, described the crash as a frightening experience.

The police have commenced investigations into the circumstances surrounding the accident.

Follow our WhatsApp channel for meaningful stories picked for your day.

Just in....
body-container-line