MCC and Ghana: An Innovative Partnership Delivering on America’s Promise to Africa
· A striking example of U.S. commitment to Africa's sustainable development is evident in the Millennium Challenge Corporation's $547 million partnership with Ghana to reduce poverty though economic growth.
· Fighting poverty is not only good for the poor of Ghana but also for us all seeking a more prosperous and stable world.
· Smart Development: Ghana's MCC compact demonstrates the role of good governance and civil society in creating opportunities for sustainable growth.
· Poverty Reduction Results: In Ghana, we are seeing the future of development assistance through the transparent, country-led, results-driven work of MCC, which is already training farmers to strengthen food security, providing credit to farmers to grow their businesses, rehabilitating roads to help farmers access markets, and building schools to educate the next generation.
· One of Many: Ghana is one of 10 African countries benefitting from MCC investments, totaling $4.5 billion throughout the continent. MCC supports African solutions to African development challenges, through country-determined and country-implemented anti-poverty solutions.
**For more information and resources about what the U.S. Government is doing in Ghana through MCC click here: http://www.mcc.gov/mcc/countries/ghana/index.shtml