Studying Online In Ghana
The impact of technology and internet has come at a good time to help savage the challenges facing traditional colleges and universities. Budget cuts, course shortage have caused many students to search for alternatives to develop both their skills and new trends on career path.
The continually improving reputation of online learning is helping to fuel its expansion showing that eLearning can be effective as face-to-face education. All of this means students, working professionals, adult learners and recent high school graduates can join in on such eLearning platforms to take advantage of. Marshalls University College the only private University to be listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange, accredited by the National Accreditation Board and affiliated to University of Cape Coast has just lunched out his own eLearning Platform.
Marshalls Professional Development (MPD) Program is the first of his kind development eLearning portal for the Hospitality and Tourism Industry. According to MPD the advantages associated to studying online prompted the action to introduce MPD to help reach out to those who might not have the time for traditional University education. The following are some of the advantages of online Classes according to MPD:
- Variety of Programs and courses: Unlike traditional studying online offers a variety of options for students. This means no matter what a student wish to study, from Hotel Management to Event Management they can find online. Just like his learning platform one can find a course like Environmental Management which deals with biophysical environment in which Tourism and Hospitality Business operate. You will hardly find such a program in a traditional University.
- Lower total Cost: Online programs can be more affordable option compared to traditional College. No commuting cost, sometimes no required course materials such as textbooks because those are mostly available for free downloads. The process of payment also makes it easy for will be students. At MPD the use of mobile money platforms even makes it the preferred choice as well as the debit Card payment system.
- Comfortable Learning Environment: Commercials that shows online students studying in pajamas only skim the surface of one of the primary benefits of online education: No physical class room sessions. Students will not have to fight traffic, find parking spaces or leave work early to go to class or miss an important business meeting. MPD has one of the simplest interfaces to navigate even for adult learners.
- Career advancement: Students who take online courses can complete an entire program while working, in-between jobs or even taking time to raise a family. This will explain any gaps in a resume as well. It can also show prospective employers that you are ambitious and want to remain informed and ready for any challenge. With Ghana’s Hospitality industry this really a safe haven for both students and employers.
- Improved Technical skills: Even the basic online course require the development of new computer skills, as students learn to navigate Learning management Systems (LMS) and programs. Creating and sharing documents, completing online training sessions all these becomes skills one will get use to on any eLearning platforms in the future. The MPD program on is helping improve the skills of its students with trendy skills and newly improved expertise in the chosen field of study.
The Marshalls Professional Development (MPD) program is the first of its kind in Ghana and has already enrolled over 8,000 students with high quality online education. Visit: www.mpdghana.com/