The Majority Chief Whip in Parliament, Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor, has echoed the concerns raised by the Minority Leader, Osahen Alexander Afenyo-Markin, over the ongoing security service recruitment process.
Social media has been awash with massive criticisms of the AI-generated online aptitude test, which unfairly kicked out candidates who struggled to complete 60 questions within 40 minutes due to massive system challenges.
There were also complaints that in the last batch of results, which were expected to be released on March 9, 2026, some candidates whose results had remained pending beyond the officially announced date woke up on March 10 to discover they had been disqualified.
This year’s recruitment exercise for the Ghana Police Service, Ghana National Fire Service, Ghana Prisons Service and Ghana Immigration Service was fully conducted online, including aptitude testing.
According to the Minister for the Interior, Muntaka Mubarak, the move is intended to reduce human interference that often leads to corruption and unfair recruitment practices.
Speaking on the floor of Parliament on Tuesday, March 10, the Minority Leader Osahen Afenyo-Markin described the online aptitude testing system as problematic and called for a review of the process to bring back the manual system.
“The truth is that the recruitment into police, fire, prisons, immigration is becoming problematic,” Osahen Afenyo-Markin said.
“If it is possible, the system should be changed to enable our boys and girls who are even not educated on ICT to write it manually. Mr Speaker, this is not political… I think it’s a serious system challenge that the ministry would have to look at properly.”
The Effutu MP also cited network challenges that affected most applicants, particularly those in remote areas and a slow system due to the heavy traffic.
He urges authorities to cancel the recent exercise and consider reverting to the traditional offline testing method to ensure fairness.
On his part, the South Dayi MP said he shares in the concerns raised by the Minority Leader, noting that the situation has placed pressure on Members of Parliament who are receiving numerous complaints from constituents seeking assistance.
“Let me say that I share in the concerns… the pressure on MPs as we sit here, our phones beaming with messages about this qualification,” Mr. Dafeamekpor said.
“And so let me assure the House and the entire nation that the minister responsible for the interior, especially in respect of the services that fall under his supervision, is taking steps to address the issues.”
Watch video below:



Deadly border mine collapse exposes risks behind Central Africa's gold rush
France, Germany, UK and Italy slam Israel's 'E1' West Bank settler project
First US deportees land in Liberia
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
Accra-Kumasi return flight now costs up to GH¢5,000 despite lower inflation — Ak...
NDC using 24-hour markets to cover failure to implement 24-hour economy — Okyere...
'No African country can solve the problem of road crashes alone' — Transport Min...
ORC announces temporary disruption to e-Registrar services
NDC’s GoldBod is a copy of NPP’s plan but implementation has failed — Ocquaye Jr
Sammy Gyamfi’s words on Afenyo-Markin were harsh; I wouldn’t use them on such pl...