ModernGhanalogo

FEATURED: Why Yaoh Hates Your Marriage So Much!!...

body-container-line-1
11.06.2006 Gossips

Woman, 50, Electrocuted

By Times
Listen to article

TRAGEDY hit a family at Tafi-Mador, a farming community in the Hohoe district, when a 50-year-old woman was electrocuted by a live electric wire on Monday.

Felicia Afi Amoadja met her untimely death when she stepped on the wire which had fallen from an overhead transmission line after a rainstorm.

She was said to be on her way to a nearby village to visit a friend.

Briefing the press here yesterday, sources at the South Dayi District Police said that a passer-by informed the police, the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) and the deceased’s family about the incident.

The source said the body of the deceased has been deposited at the Margaret Marquet Catholic Hospital for autopsy while the police investigate the matter.

The District Technical Officer of ECG, Ernest Appiah, said the wires snapped when a tree feel on them, cutting power supply to some communities in the area.

Power will be restored within the next two days, he said.

Mr Appiah said the ECG’s management had visited the bereaved family to discuss plans for her burial.

body-container-line