
Accra, March 22, GNA - China and Ghana on Tuesday performed the groundbreaking ceremony for the commencement of work for the rehabilitation, refurbishment and renovation of the National Theatre.
Work on the rehabilitation, to be undertaken by the Chinese technical experts would be completed in 11 months, Mr Zhang Keyuan, the Chinese Ambassador to Ghana said at the ceremony in Accra. Mr Keyuan said the whole project would cost over 1.5 million dollars and commended the Chinese technical team who had been working on the project since last year.
The National Theatre was closed down on November 30, 2004 for repairs.
Dr Mohammed Ben Abdallah, Chairman of the National Theatre Technical Committee said the rehabilitation was going to make the theatre offer better entertainment value to the public.
He urged the National Commission for Culture to institute measures to ensure that the Theatre, when completed operated more professionally. Professor George Hagan, Chairman of the National Commission of Culture commended the Chinese government for the interest in rehabilitating the Theatre.
Miss Joyce Aryee, Chairperson of the National Theatre Board of Directors said the rehabilitation would improve the standard of the theatre.



Trump says no Iran talks planned, insists Strait of Hormuz remains open
My government contract went through competitive tendering; not sole-source — Mus...
ICC says US sanctions on top court members 'undermine rule of law'
Ghana must own more, refine more and retain more from gold – Sammy Gyamfi
COKA directs NPP constituency chairmen to halt premature campaigns against sitti...
Target financiers, equipment suppliers, gold buyers in galamsey fight - GJA Pre...
Govt is arresting NPP members to distract Ghanaians from their ‘incompetence’ — ...
Fire destroys 27 wooden structures at Spintex estate
NPP will rise again under my leadership — Boakye Agyarko
'Tons' of nuclear materials found at undisclosed Syrian site, IAEA chief says