Ghana is set to build 10 new stadia across the country after President John Mahama reviewed an earlier plan to construct six mini stadia in the country's newly created regions.
Sports and Recreation Minister Kofi Adams announced the change at the Ghana Football Association's 32nd Ordinary Congress at the Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence at Prampram.
Mr Adams, who is also the Member of Parliament for Buem, said the President had initially promised to build six mini stadia for the six new regions but had now expanded the project to cover 10 regions.
"Let me announce that John Mahama made a promise to build six mini stadia for the six new regions, but I dare tell you that the president has reviewed that decision and he is no longer going to build the six mini stadia. He is going to build 10 stadia," he said.
Under the revised plan, the Western North, Oti, Ahafo, Bono East, Savannah and North East regions will each receive a stadium.
The Upper East, Upper West and Volta regions will also each have a new stadium, bringing the total number of projects announced to 10.
The minister said the government had already taken steps towards implementing the projects, with Finance Minister Cassiel Ato Forson issuing commencement authorisation.
"The Finance Minister has issued commencement authorisation, and we are going through the processes to get these contracts awarded, and they will move to sites immediately," Mr Adams added.
The government says the planned stadia are intended to improve sports infrastructure and provide more facilities for football and other sporting activities across the country.
The announcement comes as the GFA continues preparations for the 2026/27 football season, while Ghana also looks ahead to hosting the 2027 Africa Under-20 Cup of Nations.



GoldBod’s gains must be weighed against full cost to Ghana – Prof. Bokpin
‘Afenyo-Markin’s smear campaign against me is about extortion’ – Sammy Gyamfi
August 22: Cedi sells at GHS12.30 on forex market, GHS11.13 on BoG interbank
There is a deliberate smear campaign against GoldBod from Minority – Sammy Gyamf...
‘If GoldBod wants credit, it must accept blame for losses’ – Dr Owusu Sarkodie
Akosombo control system to be restored next month – Energy Minister
‘Temporary Akosombo system not very robust’ – Energy Minister on recent power ou...
Mike Ocquaye Jr reacts to Adwoa Safo’s reported return to NPP Dome-Kwabenya race
Foreign Affairs Ministry urges Tijjaniya pilgrims to Senegal to travel by air ov...
Bono Police Arrest 36‑Year‑Old in GH¢1.1M Fake Gold Deal; Hunt for Three Others ...