JIHAD AGAINST CHRISTMAS
Not being a Christian, I don't give a damn about Christmas. Nonetheless I couldn't help but notice the upsurge in Jihadist attacks against Christians around the world this past yuletide season (and even previous ones), obviously intended to ruin the Christmas/New year celebration for Christians:
- Christmas eve 2010, Jos Nigeria. Five bomb explosions in Christian neighbourhoods killing over 80 people, and wounding more than hundred. An Islamist group Jama'atu ahlus-Sunnah Lidda'awati wal Jihad claimed responsibility.
- New year's eve, December 2010, Abuja. Twenty people killed by bomb explosion at beer parlour near Mogadishu military barracks. The explosives have been linked to the same Jihadist group that claimed responsibility for the Christmas eve Jos bombing.
- 31st December 2010. Alexandria, Egypt. Twenty one Coptic Christians killed and 96 injured after Islamists exploded a car bomb during New year's eve mass at the Church of Saints. After the blast, jubilating Muslims cheered “Allahu Akbar” prompting some of the surviving Copts to hurl stones at a mosque.
- 20th December 2010, London UK. British police arrest nine Muslim terrorists (aged 19-28 years) plotting to blow up Big Ben, London stock exchange, Westminster Abbey, London mayor office and US embassy among others.
- 10th December 2010, Stockholm Sweden. In a futile attempt to cause mayhem, 29 year old Iraqi Jihadist Taimour Abdulwahab Al-Abdaly prematurely detonated his back-pack explosives, blowing himself up. Thankfully no one else was killed.
- 26th November 2010, Portland, Oregon USA. Somali-American Mohammed Mohamud attempts to blow up hundreds of Christians at a
Christmas tree lighting ceremony, but was arrested by FBI.
- December 2010. Baltimore, USA. 21 year old Muslim convert Muhammad Hussein (formerly Antonio Martinez) was arrested while trying to detonate a vehicle bomb at a US military recruitment center. Muhammad insisted on the bombing even after being alerted of the recent arrest of Mohammed Mohamud, the Somali jihadist.
- 12th December 2010. Bogor - West Java, Indonesia. Islamist local authorities banned Christmas celebrationand all Christmas related activities.
- 30th December 2010, Baghdad Iraq. Two elderly Christians killed and three others wounded after jihadists threw grenades into their home. Christians in many parts of Iraq cancelled Christmas celebrations due to incessant Jihadist attacks. Many others have fled the religious violence prone Muslim country.
- 24th December, 2010. Afghanistan. Taliban claims responsibility for killing German aid worker involved in road construction project.
- Christmas day, December 2009. Nigerian Al-Qaeda operative Farouk AbdulMutallab attempted to blow up a Detroit bound passenger airliner with explosives sewn into his underwear, but was stopped by vigilant passengers.
- December 2001. On a transatlantic flight three days to Christmas, Muslim convert Richard Reid attempts to detonate an explosive device planted in his shoes.
Religion of peace indeed!!
Disclaimer: "The views/contents expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of Modern Ghana. Modern Ghana will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article."