The 19.5-kilometre Accra–Tema Motorway and Extension Project is about 50% complete, with the contractor saying it remains on course for delivery within the agreed timeline.
The progress comes as motorists continue to endure disruptions and delays along the busy route, prompting Roads and Highways Minister, Kwame Governs Agbodza to ask the contractor to step up work and operate around the clock.
The minister made the call during an inspection of the project, which covers the stretch from the Tema Roundabout to the Tetteh Quarshie Interchange.
Project Engineer Ing. Kwabena Bempong said the contractor, Maripoma Enterprise Limited, had so far completed a number of major structures, including retaining walls, bridge abutments, box and bridge culverts, U-drains and footbridges.
Sub-base construction and earthworks are also ongoing, alongside maintenance work on the existing road.
Mr Agbodza said he was encouraged by the increased activity at the site since his previous visit, but stressed that more needed to be done to keep the project on schedule.
He urged the contractor to intensify construction by working during both the day and night.






“We are hopeful that we can still complete this project on schedule because the motoring public cannot understand why they have to endure these inconveniences for such a long period,” he said.
“Please, endeavour to ensure that we meet the target.”
The minister’s comments reflect growing pressure to complete the project on time, given the importance of the Accra–Tema corridor to daily commuters, businesses and freight operators.
The contractor has assured the government that the project will be delivered within the agreed timeframe as construction continues on the 19.5-kilometre section.



Supreme Court to rule on bid to halt High Court trials during legal vacation on ...
Minority is right, Ghanaians need to know how GoldBod losses came about — Manass...
Accra–Tema Motorway project reaches 50% completion as roads minister demands fas...
Nationwide blackout: Power supply expected to stabilise next month – Energy Mini...
GES interdicts two BOGISS watchmen over alleged sexual assault of special needs ...
Mineworkers protest, demand release of locked-up funds for over 19,000 miners
August 20: Cedi sells at GHS12.25 on forex market, GHS11.08 on BoG interbank
'Bow your heads in shame for employing people with huge Facebook followers as pr...
Sammy Gyamfi admitted $1.7bn GoldBod loss but blames other institutions – Afenyo...
‘A loss is a loss’ – Prof Atta Peprah rejects GoldBod’s defence of $1.7billion l...