MAD MAX FURY ROAD: Time For Action!
Look no further. There r lights. There r cameras. All it requires is action. And there is plenty of action when it comes to Mad Max series. Summer is always hot and sweaty. This movie will make u hot and work on your sweat glands like there is no tomorrow. The steam has build up for the summer holidays. You don't need to go to a hill station to escape the heat and dust. Just head towards any cinema hall playing Mad Max. U r bound to be in action mood. And action it is.
Mad Max: Fury Road is an Australian post-apocalyptic action film, and the fourth film of Mad Max franchise. Mad Max series has been known for Mel Gibson (59) in the title role. Sadly, this one has no Gibson at all. Times have moved forward. And a young, dashing and action-packed hero has taken over now.
The world has bee overtaken by calamities and catastrophes. There has been the downfall of civilization. And time has moved on to the future. An ex-cop Max Rockatansky's (Tom Hardy, 37) family with wife Jessie (Joanne Samuel, 57) was killed in a city collapse earlier. Now, he comes across Imperator Furiosa (Charlize Theron, 39), a woman who is trying to cross a vast desert. She has along with her Five Wives - Queen Angharad The Splendid (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, 28), Queen Capable (Riley Keough, 25), Queen Toast The Knowing (Zoe Kravitz, 26), The Dag Queen (Abbey Lee, 27), and Queen Cheedo The Fragile (Courtney Eaton, 19).
These women are escaping from the tyrannical fascist ruler, King Immortan Joe (Hugh Keays-Byrne, 67) and his ruthless army - the War Boys. They rule over a totalitarian desert kingdom - the Wasteland. Joe wants the Wives back as they can give birth to his future children to be shaped in his perverse image. The women see Max as their savior as he knows the desert like the back of his hand. But Max refuses to help them, until Joe imprisons him and tortures him. He can escape but only with the help of Furiosa and the Wives. And escape they do. With their escape, all hell breaks loose. The War Boys pursue them like mad hungry dogs. Can this band of six escape from the hot pursuit or even survive?
What a dynamic action. It has to be seen to be believed. Just like Gibson, Tom Hardy has a future beyond future in Hollywood. He is an able successor to Gibson. And Charlize Theron is an action queen ready to erupt like a bomb. She is a visual delight. And the villain Byre is a revelation. He adds to the list of illustrious villains. The movie doesn't let the audience rest right from the word go. And at the ending, one is left asking for more. So there is a fifth sequel to look forward to. Can't have enough of Mad Max.
Enjoy the Namibian desert and Sydney hills and lakes shoot. Junkie XL's musical score is definitely an add-on. Special effects and stunts with over 150 stunt performers, which included Cirque du Soleil performers and Olympic athletes completes this out-of-this-world movie. What more can we have!
1. Mad Max (April 12 1979; Mel Gibson, Joanne Samuel): In apocalyptic Australia, the society has broken down and gangs have taken over. Cop Max Rockatansky (Mel Gibson) turns judge, and executioner after his best friend, wife and baby are killed. The family man turns mad for revenge. The antihero takes to the road in vengeance to oblivion. The film turned Mel Gibson into an overnight star along with Joanne Samuel.
2. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (December 24 1981, Mel Gibson): A community of settlers move to defend themselves against a roving band of marauders. Mad Max becomes humane and the cynical drifter agrees to help a small, gasoline rich, community escape a band of bandits.
3. Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome (July 10 1985, Mel Gibson, Tina Turner): Max is rescued by children when he is banished from a desert town Bartertown and sent into the desert to die by the desert town's evil queen Aunty Entity (Tina Turner).
4. Mad Max: Fury Road: (May 15 2015, Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron).
5. Mad Max: Furiosa: (2016, Tom Hardy).