Fourteen (14) athletes will represent Ghana in athletics, swimming, judo, boxing and weightlifting at the 28th edition of the Olympic Games, to be hosted in Tokyo, Japan.
Chef de Mission, Mr Mike Aggrey confirmed in an exclusive chat.
The Black Bombers are made up of three boxers; Skipper Suleman Tetteh (Flyweight), Samuel Takyi (Featherweight) and Shakul Samed (Light Heavyweight).
The track and field team include Eke Nadia – (W) (Triple Jump), Amoah Joseph Paul – (M) 200 M, 4 X 100 M Relay (Athletics), Azamati-Kwaku Benjamin – (M) 100 M, 4 X 100 M Relay (Athletics), Oduro Manu Joseph – (M) 4 X 100 M Relay (Athletics), Safo-Antwi Sean – (M) 4 X 100 M Relay (Athletics) and Yeboah Emmanuel – (M) 4 X 100 M Relay (Athletics).
The two swimmers are Abeiku G. Jackson and 16-year-old Unilez Y. Takyi.
Nadia Eke was one of the second Ghanaian athletes to qualify, she is expected to be the flag bearer.
Christopher Amoah is the sole weightlifter, while Anani Kwadjo engages in Judo competition.
- TAKYI UNILEZ – (W) 50 m Freestyle (Swimming).
- JACKSON ABEKU – (M) 100 m Butterfly (Swimming).
- EKE NADIA – (W) (Triple Jump).
- AMOAH JOSEPH PAUL – (M) 200 m, 4 x 100 m Relay (Athletics).
- AZAMATI-KWAKU BENJAMIN – (M) 100 m, 4 x 100 m Relay (Athletics).
- ODURO MANU JOSEPH – (M) 4 x 100 m Relay (Athletics).
- SAFO-ANTWI SEAN – (M) 4 x 100 m Relay (Athletics).
- YEBOAH EMMANUEL – (M) 4 x 100 m Relay (Athletics).
- SARFO ANSAH – (M) 4 x 100 m Relay (Athletics).
- SAMED SHAKUL – (M) Light Heavy (75-81 kg) (Boxing).
- SULEMANU TETTEH – (M) Fly (48-52 kg) (Boxing).
- TAKYI SAMUEL – (M) Feather (52-57 kg) (Boxing).
- ANANI KWADJO – (M) Men -90 kg (Judo).
- AMOAH CHRISTIAN (M) 96 kg (Weightlifting).