As part of H.E, The president, NANA AKUFO ADDO and NPP government developmental agenda, the one - village - one - dam is one of the Nana Akufo Addo administration flagship programme aimed at all-year-round agricultural activities in the five Northern Regions of the Country to enhance food security in the country under the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication Programme ( IPEP).
In 2017 budget, GH¢94, 446, 182 million earmarked for the construction of the dams to support farmers in both crops cultivation and rearing of livestock to boost the country food security for internal and external use.
During the President and the Vice President thanks given a tour in the five Northern Regions, The vice President H.E Dr. Alhaj Mahamudu Bawumia launched the one - village - one - dam flagship programme in the five Northern Regions comprise of Upper East Region,
Upper West Region,
North East Region and
He further stated that, 570 communities in these regions were farmers suffered seasonal rainfall challenges in the cultivation of food crops thus one - village - one - dam in these communities is necessary.
The minister for special development, Hon. Madam Mavis Hawa Koomson announced that 300 communities dams projects were been awarded for constructions in the five Northern Regions with which 174 communities dams in the northern Region,
83 communities dams in the Upper East Region and
43 communities dams in the Upper West Region.
In 2019, During H.E the President, Nana Akufo Addo visit in the Regions in His third time tour, with the minister for special development, Hon. Madam Mavis Hawa Koomson announced that most of the dams in the Upper East Region and the Upper West Region were completed and handed over to the chiefs of the various communities.
The following illustrated some of the dams constructed in the the Regions.
UPPER East Region.
1. Maritan dam in the pusiga constituency,
2. Asongezeri dam in the Nabdan constituency,
3. Gbedembilsi dam in the Builsa South,
4. Bilinsah dam in the Builsa North,
5. Sakaa dam in the chiana - paga constituency,
6. Kutanga dam in the Bawku central,
7. Anyorpia dam in the Bongo district.
8. Kuzugu dam in the Kasena - Nankana west district,
9. Kuliyaa dam in the Kasena - Nankana west district,
10. Kajelo dam in the Kasena- Nankana west district,
11. Katiu - Sas dam in the Kasena - Nankana west district,
12. Kayoro dam in the in the Kasena - Nankana west district,
13. 4 communities dams in the Garu - Tempane constituency,
14. 3 communities dams in the Bawku west,
15. 4 communities dams in the Binduri district,
16. 4 communities dams in the Pusiga district.
UPPER WEST REGION.
1 Tokuu in the Nandom district,
2. Tuopare dam in the Nandom district,
3. Kataa dam in the Wa East district,
4. Duose dam in the Wa East district,
5. Degri dam in the Wa West district,
6. Sentu dam in the Lambussie district,
7. Duong dam in the Nudowlikalbo district,
8. Singi dam,
9. Bihee dam,
10. Jonga dam,
11. Yibille dam etc These and many more dams have been constructed within the last three years in the administration of H. E the President, Nana Akufo Addo, and NPP government.
indeed Nana Akufo Addo DESERVES ANOTHER TERM TO DO MORE FOR THE INTEREST OF THE GOOD PEOPLE OF GHANA.
LONG LIVE GHANA
LONG LIVE FOSCO TESCON LONG LIVE NPP