Kolmasug is a rural community in the Garu constituency located in the Worikambo electoral area with a population close to 2500 people.
The closest Health facility is Worikambo Health Center which is already over burdened and about 6km away, with a very poor road network. The nearest hospital with a physician assistant is the Garu Health centre which is also about16km apart with a very poor road network. The entire Garu Tempane area has no Doctor, so critical clients are referred to Bawku Hospital which is 36km away with a very horrible road network.
The community through communal labour and self support constructed the CHPS compound. The facility lacks vital services like electricity and water. Fortunately, the past NDC government as part of the rural electrification project started the process to provide electricity to the community. All the poles needed for the project are in place up to the premises of the facility awaiting connection to the national grid that is just 300 meters away.
In the absence of the District Cheif Execute who failed to attend the ceremony, the CHPS compound was officially commissioned by a representative from the District Health Director (Mrs. Joyce Sam Bo) and supported by Dr. Thomas Anabah and Ndeogo Kenneth.
So far a Community Health Nurse has been posted to the facility and took over delivery of the donated medical items and consumables made that day.
The event culminated with a fund raising that yielded GH460.00 with the MP pledging GHc500.
The Community has demonstrated that they are very hard working and caring people who cares for their health. They deserve to be congratulated for embarking on such a worthy course. Other well to do people from the community should equally do well to support. I wish to also call on the government to complete the electrification of the area to enable the facility function adequately. Government should whilst extending electricity to the facility do well to construct a borehole as well for it.
However I wish to conclude by enquiring from government to explain to the good people of Garu and Tempane why the Garu Hospital project that was started by the erstwhile Mahama administration has been abandoned with impunity. Governance is a continuous business, projects inherited should be continued just as how assets inherited are often used.
Below are the list of dignitaries who were present at the commissioning of Kolmasug CHPS compound on 31st December, 2018.
1. Hon.Samuel Abdulai Zangina the Assemblyman for the area.
2. Mr. Ndeogo Kenneth the CEO of KIMIC PLUS GH LTD. (Donated roofing sheets and other fittings).
3. Mr. Anakuga Mark Anyagri a retired Chief Accountant of Amansaman Municipal Hospital.
4. Rep.of District Director of Health Garu District Health Directorate.
5. Dr. Thomas Anabah W. Medical Director of Habana Medical Centre- Tamale. (Donated beds, mattresses, bedsheets and medical consumables).
6. Hon. Albert Akuka Alaazuuga -Mp for Garu Constituency. Pledge GHC 500.00
7. Representatives from Garu District Health Directorate and Worikambo sub-district.
8. Akudugu Godwin Baba, staff of Garu District Assembly in the BAC unit
9. Representatives from KOICA: KOICA donated examination bed, weighing scale and a motor king ambulance for Antenatal care)._
10. The district assemble donated roofing sheets.
Thanks in advance to all who will be touched by this appeal to help!!!