A Sting In The Tale – 7 Questions For Hon. Alexander Afenyo Markin
In the wake of Prof. Kwesi Yankah’s [Minister of State in charge of Tertiary Education] admission of being unsure whether the processes followed in the dismissal of Prof. Mawutor Avoke and other principal officers as well as the appointment of Prof. Anthony Afful-Broni to the position of substantive vice-chancellor of the University of Education, Winneba are illegal, some questions have popped up on social media which have been directed to the Member of Parliament [MP] for Effutu, Hon. Alexander Afenyo Markin.
The writer of those questions who decided to stay anonymous [for obvious reasons] goes on to confirm the claims by the suspended Principal of the Colleges of Language Education, Prof. Ephraim Avea Nsoh that Hon. Afenyo Markin is the “de facto chancellor, the vice chancellor and the council chair of the University of Education, Winneba [UEW]”.
The anonymous writer claims to have been following issues at UEW and would be grateful if the MP for Effutu, Honorable Alexander Afenyo Markin provides answers to the following questions:
1. Why is he so interested in destroying the image of the only University in his constituency?
2. Why has he, the lawyer for the plaintiff [Kofi Kwayera] in the suit against UEW turn around to become the lawyer for the defendants [Prof. Afful-Broni and Prof. Nicholas Abakah] in the suit against them and the University which are hugely interrelated?
3. What is the New Patriotic Party’s [NPP] stance on the UEW saga that the Honorable MP thinks are plots by some NDC faithful to sabotage the ruling government?
4. Why does he talk about political interference when he, a member of a political party is the main architect of the whole issue?
5. Has he thought about the repercussions of this to him?
6. Who was the “white feathered bird” that told him about the substantive appointment of his friend, Prof. Afful Broni as Vice Chancellor?
7. Why is the UEW management now in bed with Supi Kofi Kwayera, the man who took the University to Court?
Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: "The views/contents expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of Baiden Gideon and do not neccessarily reflect those of Modern Ghana.