A List Of 20 Corruption Cases Suffocating The “Dog’’!!
President Nana Akufo Addo has sought to absolve his family from the numerous corruption charges that have bogged him and his family.
For the first time, perhaps realizing how weightier and terribly smelly the corruption issues about his government are getting each passing day, he chose to rise to the defense of only his family, forgetting it is not any better.
Speaking at the annual Internal Audit Conference in Accra on Wednesday, 1 August 2018, relying on allegory to make his point, Mr Akufo-Addo said “I am aware that you give a dog a bad name in order to hang it, but this dog will not be hanged.”
In fairness to the reading public and for their own judgment, herein listed only 20 of the corruption cases already suffocating the supposed “dog’’ and again for them to decide what to do with the corrupt “dog.”
1. According to NPP firebrand, Kennedy Agyapong, $20,000 - $30,000 per person fee is charged at the Flag Staff [Julorbee] House before an investor or business person meets the President.
2. $100,000 Cash4seat bribe and the consistent defense of the President of all his appointees involved.
3. 5% bribe fee demanded by the Presidents family from NPP Contractors for contracts to defray 2016 campaign debt, according to Kwesi Nyantakyi.
4. $5million; $3million; $2million; $1million; $1million; Nyantakyi cash
5. Australia Visa scandal - NSA Board Chair, Kwadwo Baah Agyemang CLEARED even though admitted to inserting 4 names of boys from his area into the list.
6. President himself halting Ministry of Energy's investigation into BOST contaminated fuel saga.
7. Protecting his brother, Ken Ofori Attah who according to CHRAJ has not fully COMPLIED with Asset Declaration regime. (Has not fully declared his Assets) as required by law.
8. Protecting his brother, Ken Ofori Attah who is DIRECTLY using his company, DATABANK for State/Government business.
9. President appointing an INLAW, Tiwaa Addo Dabquah to a Director General position in the Ghana Police to do his bidding, creating the basis for clearing all appointees whose names are mired in corruption.
10. ABRONYE Letters - Letters written by NPP's Brong Ahafo first Vice Chairman, Kwamew Bafoe aka Abronye DC to Prez Akufo Addo to investigate and sack Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, Asoma Cheremeh for corruption which he, the President failed to even investigate let alone sack the Minister.
11. Celebration of [email protected] largely with State money and the refusal of Ken Amankwah, President Akufo Addo’s inlaw who was [email protected] Committee Chair to render account on the celebration.
12. Sacking food vendors on a piece of land near Nima Police Station and using National security and appropriating for himself the land [Biblical Ananias style].
13. Boakye Agyaako Parliamentary bribery scandal.
14. Dubious $1.375billion AMERI novation deal.
15. Dubious KARPOWER Barge extension deal.
16. Dubious $2.25billion KENBOND deal.
17. Covering up of the 2 Thieves of Staff at the #Julorbee House.
18. Dubious $1.25billion GhanaCard /NIA deals which the President approves by Executive Order.
19. Dubious $178m KelniGVG deal.
20. Dubious $2.5million Ghana Post GPS deal.
Disclaimer: "The views/contents expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not neccessarily reflect those of Modern Ghana. Modern Ghana will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article."
Reproduction is authorised provided the author's permission is granted.