What Is Stopping You From Being Great?
Greatness is a choice. Just do it!
Yes, what is it that is stopping you from being great? What is stopping you from being that person you dream of?
The truth is that;
- Your past cannot stop you from being great.
- Your spouse cannot stop you from being great.
- Your friends can not stop you from being great.
- You personality cannot stop you from being great.
- Having no money cannot stop you from being great.
- Your government can not stop you from being great.
- You race or gender cannot stop you from being great.
- Being born in poverty can't stop you from being great.
- The country you live in can't stop you from being great.
- Being too young or too old can't stop you from being great.
- Being born with physical disabilities can't stop you from being great.
- Not having an adequate education cannot stop you from being great.
- Being raised by alcoholic or abusive parents can't stop you from being great.
- Being an orphan or being raised in foster homes can't stop you from being great.
- Because you were told constantly, "you're no good," can't stop you from being great.
Each of us has a vision of what success is but why don’t we then go for it? I think there is only one thing that can prevent you from stepping into your greatness; that is you. It is what you believe. Your belief is seen by your action or lack of action.
You might be saying ‘I don’t care what you think.’ Yes you are right. What I think does not matter. What really matters is ‘what you think!’
“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” ― William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
Here are some of your common thoughts;
- This isn't on my list.
- I'm too busy right now.
- I don’t want learn new things.
- My boss won't let me do that.
- I'm afraid of moving too forward
- I'm not the person you think I am
- The economy is bad at the moment.
- I don’t trust other people’s advice.
- I believe that I don’t have enough time.
- I don't have the resources you think I do.
- I believe that I don’t have enough money.
- I am scared to see the truth about my selves.
- I feel guilty if we have a better life than others.
- It’s not possible. That’s a pipe dream. Don’t bother.
- I'm not the kind of person that does things like this
- I don’t feel I deserve a better life. This is all I deserve.
- I don't want to open the door to a long-term commitment.
- It’s too hard. I don’t want to pay the price, do the work and wait that long.
- I can’t figure out how to do it, or where to start. I have to know how first.
To be honest the conditions for being great have never been right and will never be right. You just have to step in, today!
Now I ask again ‘what is stopping you from being great?’
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your most favourite friends!
Please share your thoughts, ideas and comments below!
© Copyright 2016 by It’s My Footprint, www.itsmyfootprint.com .
Taka Sande, www.takasande.com is an author, an entrepreneur and development activist. He has a passion for making a difference by influencing and adding value to people’s lives. He is the founder of the blog It’s My Footprint, http://www.itsmyfootprint.com /.
Disclaimer: "The views/contents expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of Modern Ghana. Modern Ghana will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article."