Eight years ago, a man ran for President of Ghana. He claimed he was different, a leader who was not a typical “Kalabule” man sinking in corruption and he rejects every bit of terrorism that formed the core foundation of the UP Tradition of which the NPP was born. Furthermore, he declared Zero Tolerance for Corruption on his inaugural day and he promised he will form an all-inclusive government and bring Positive Change to Ghana. He said his government will reduce petrol prices which at the time was ¢6,400.00 or 64 pesewas, build schools, provide healthcare, housing, create jobs, and cut down on VAT which started at very little percentage. He said NPP will reduce inflation to single digits and reduced the number of ministers of state popularly called “Job for the Boys”. He said NPP had the “Men” who are already-made, have their own money and they are not in politics to make money or because they cannot pay for “yo ke gari”. His campaign slogan was “hwe wasetena mu". That was John Agyekum Kufour. Remember him?
We saw how that story ends. A record high daylight public looting with impunity; Cocaine, cocaine everywhere; sky rocking corruption; unprecedented stealing of every Ga Land they can possibly find; increase in premix fuel prices and the use of pair trawlers to clean the bottom of the sea taking way the daily bread out of the mouths of our poor fishermen; unprecedented sale of every public asset; total eradication all local industries meant to create jobs for the people; energy crisis and the disturbing news among all these is that Ghanaians CAN'T EVEN SLEEP in their homes or go about their daily activities without being attacked, maimed, raped, kidnapped or killed by trained professional armed robbers.
We saw a nation more polarized than I've ever seen since I was born. The politics of divide and rule by his arrogant, incompetent, insensitive and corrupt Kangaroo NPP government from Gushiegu to Bawku, from Tamale to Anloga; where they pit clan against clan, tribe against tribe, family against family and political party against political party.
Eight years later, we have another NPP man Nana Akufo Addo who's telling us that:
- HE HAD HIS OWN MONEY BEFORE COMING INTO POLITICS;
- HE HAS NEVER BORROWED “YO KE GARI”;
- HE IS MOVING FORWARD GHANA TO FIRST WORLD AFTER HIS FOUR YEAR TERM;
- HE BELIEVES IN GHANA;
- INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION;
- HE WILL FIGHT CORRUPTION and many more.
Fellow Ghanaians, the exact same GARBAGE upon GARBAGE. We've seen this Kangaroo movie before and also know that, the Kangaroo is always faster and worse than the original big fat Kukrudu.
Folks if we forget this Kangaroo movie so soon, then we're going to be doomed to repeat it -- four more years of mess just like the last eight years, if not worse. If you're ready for four more years of John Agyekum Kufour; four more years of cocaine, four more years of arrogance, then Nana Akufo Addo is our man.
Just as John Agyekum Kufour was nicknamed "Gentle Giant" but succeeded in MOVING FORWARD Ghana from Gold Coast to Cocaine Coast, presided over unprecedented public looting and sale of every property of the state of Ghana, Nana Akufo Addo could easily become known as "Naa Nana, Naa Arrogance and Cocaine." Nana Akufo Addo will sell each and everyone of us Ghanaians one by one if not in dozens and thousands in a “donkomi” style by the end of his first four year term as President of Ghana.
Friends, this election is about the CHARACTER of the person we want to call the next President of Ghana. An old proverb says: “show me your friend and I will tell you your character”. The Failed Onetouch campaign Nana Akufo Addo run says everything about the way he'll govern us in the next four years if God forbids he becomes President of Ghana. The Nana Akufo Addo–Bamumia campaign has decided to use arrogant men like Gaby Otchere Asare-Darko who referred to the good people of the Northern town of Gushiegu as “Goats and Sheep”, Muktar Bamba, Kennedy Agyepong and Jake Otanka Obetsebi-Lamptey among others. Nana Akufo Addo does not even have the balls to ask his arrogant Campaign Chairman Jake Obetsebi-Lamptey, a man who still refused to vacate a Ghana government bungalow and insists on owning it for free to get the hell out of Ghana's property since he seized to be a minister of state.
The tactics Nana Akufo Addo–Bamumia campaign are using such as dancing Kangaroo dance may be good at squeaking by in an election where ballot boxes are hijacked and snatched by professionally trained Armed Robbers. But certainly they are bad at the question of LEADERSHIP and CHARACTER. And if we want a BETTER LEADER for A BETER GHANA, a man whose CHARACTER is not questionable like Nana Akufo Addo; a man who is SINCERE, MODEST and HUMBLE; a man who is COURAGEOUS and EXPERIENCED enough to lead one nation Ghana that is indivisible or polarized, then Prof John E. Atta Mills is our man.
I count Nana Akufo Addo just as every Ghanaian is dying to contribute his quota to national development. He was MP for Abuakwa and helped rubber-stamped every Kufour Bucket Policy. He served our country bravely when the foundations of our democracy were being laid especially during the “Kume Preko” demonstrations against VAT. But Ghana needs more than a man who is just a photocopy of President John Agyekum Kufour and a complete opposite from being “Gentle Giant”. Ghana needs a man with a good CHARACTER, a wise leader who is not ARROGANT and who can think through the ways of solving Ghana's problems instead of just a globe trotter who will tell you “bring me evidence” or “corruption started since the day of Adam” or “I haven't yet sniffed it” when we tell him about corruption. A man who will not sell every property of Ghana only to turn around to tell you and I; “I BELIEVE IN GHANA” when he doesn't even believe a heck in himself.
When Nana Akufo Addo stood on that campaign platform as a classical demagogue on December 5, 2008, the last day of campaigning talking about others who borrow “yo ke gari”, what Nana Akufo Addo just doesn't seem to understand is that:
- he was talking about millions of our hardworking teachers, nurses, doctors, etc, whom his NPP government has denied salaries for the past 24 months or more and who are late in paying their rents, paying for borrowed food, paying utilities bills or paying for “trotro” to work;
- he was talking about our men and women in uniform who are low on moral because they lack the needed logistics to work with and their take home pay cannot take them home yet have to risk their lives everyday fighting the cocaine barons like “Frank The Junkie” (Frank Benneh) as well as professional armed robbers whom this NPP government under Nana Akufo Addo's supervision as Minister of Justice and Attorney General abysmally failed to put in check;
- he was talking about millions of Ghanaians out there who can't simply just afford one good meal a day; pay for the “trotro”; pay school fees for their children; all because of the failed policies he personally helped President John Agyekum Kufour to heap upon Ghanaians in the last eight years.
These are the people whose vote Nana Akufo Addo badly needs to become President of Ghana so he can turn around and call them “Lazy” and “yo ke gari” borrowers. Of course I don't blame him. His father milked the cow for him because he was lucky to become President in a very dirty elections held after the illegal overthrew of Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and the CPP was banned.
Don't take my word for it; look at the Nana Akufo Addo's record and compare. Ninety-nine percent of the time, Nana Akufo Addo's stood with Mr. John Agyekum Kufour on every failed and broken promise that has brought our nation this far in mess and resurrected unprecedented suffering in the land.
Here's what that means:
- When John Agyekum Kufour called for Water to be privatized, Nana Akufo Addo stood with him - he even praised this insane “Kufour bucket policy” as a good plan for Ghana;
- When John Agyekum Kufour says that the government has no obligation to pay teachers and other public servants study leave allowances
Nana Akufo Addo echoes that view and has said “Yeah Right John Agyekum Kufour has impressive records we can compare";
- When John Agyekum Kufour presided over the mysterious, brutal and senseless murder of several women before the 2000 elections, supervised the brutal murder of Ya Na and 40 of his clan elders in a despicable act of terror, the torturing to death of Alhaji Mobila, the lost of innocent lives and property in Anloga, Gushiegu, Bawku and Tamale among other places, and this John Agyekum Kufour's NPP government's response to investigate these murders till today was so incompetent, Nana Akufo Addo as Minister of Justice and Attorney General said: “Yeah, Yeah” and stood with him;
- When John Agyekum Kufour increased petrol prices, kerosene prices, premix fuel prices, utility bills, etc because many in this NPP government like Jake Obetsebi-Lamptey and Sheikh I.”Certificateless”. Quaye get it for free, Nana Akufo Addo said “Yeah Right Ghanaians need to pay reasonable prices for what they use”;
- When John Agyekum Kufour proposed the IFC Loan, Chinese Loan among other FRAUDULENT Bills, that has cause some of the irresponsible financial loses to our nation compared to anything they lied Tsatsu Tsikata has done, Nana Akufo Addo stood with him, calling many concerned Ghanaians who opposed the criminally-minded scam staged by Mr. Yaw Osafo Marfo as uninformed;
- When John Agyekum Kufour FRAUDULENTLY sold Ghana Airways, Ghana Telecom, Juapong Textiles among others, Nana Akufo Addo sai: “Yes man, I believe In Ghana” and stood with him;
- When John Agyekum Kufour decided to build the Presidential Palace and buy two Presidential Jets to be delivered in 2010, Nana Akufo Addo said: “Oh Yes Gentle Giant I love it because I am “supposed” to be ordained as a President” and stood with him.
- And when early in March 2001 John Agyekum Kufour played a fast “419” by lying to the whole world that Ghana is a Highly Impoverished Poor Country (HIPC) resulting in many nations responding with debt forgiveness, debt cancellation, donations left, right and center with our nation bucketing unprecedented cash flow compared to the total money all governments of Ghana from our nation's independence till January 7, 2001 ever received only for the same unscrupulous NPP Kangaroo “Men” to loot everything into private pockets and rewarded us with HIPC KVIP's instead, Nana Akufo Addo said: “Ride on I and my Shoddy… HIPC is good”.
Folks, time and again Nana Akufo Addo has stood with John Agyekum Kufour making it harder for the ordinary Ghanaian to make a daily bread because, he simply doesn't understand the suffering in the land. He is a “Dada Ba”.
Friends, did you watch the latest Kangaroo movie released by Nana Akufo Addo? In this movie, Nana Akufo Addo suddenly resurrected and started eating “Kofi Brokeman”, joining “trotro” from Danquah Circle to Kwame Nkrumah Circle and calling himself a “Zongo Boy”. The title of the movie is “Desperate Kangaroo”. The fact that Nana Akufo Addo claims to have had a promiscuous affair with a daughter of a watchman in the “Zongo” does not make him a “Zongo Boy”. Nana Akufo Addo is simply making mockery of the ordinary Ghanaian.
In Nana Akufo Addo's Ghana, we wouldn't be guaranteed that Ghanaians can sleep but we can be guaranteed that more and more cocaine will vanish or turn into “Kokonte” at the Police Headquarters under the very nose of the IGP resulting in more and more of “Frank The Junkies” (Frank Benneh) on the streets. Armed robbers will have professional license to operate full time. This was exactly what Nana Kofi Coomson was talking about when he said and I quote: “it's not safe and I can't sleep and I can't entrust the destiny of this Ghana into the hands of Nana Akufo Addo. I can't sleep!”
In Nana Akufo Addo's Ghana we wouldn't be guaranteed petrol prices will be reduced when world oil prices are reduced. Last Thursday, I burst out into laughter when Mr. John Attafuah was used to announce reduction in petrol prices. Wow! So this Kangaroo NPP government can be that sensitive to the plight of Ghanaians ha? I thought Ghanaians have been making this call as far back as 2001? Friends for what does these Kangaroo “Men” take Ghanaians for? Nincompoops? Who at all is advising this NPP Kangaroo government? How anyone could play this Kangaroo movie as a response to the Tsunami that occurred on December 7 beats my imagination. Ghanaians are wide awake. We can guarantee the NPP that REDUCING PETROL PRICES OR NOT REDUCING IT, the VALUE IS THE SAME so come December 28, shall use our THUMBS again to make the CHANGE WE NEED complete.
In Nana Akufo Addo's Ghana, we wouldn't be guaranteed that our oil money will be used properly to develop Ghana but we can be guaranteed that money derived from the oil which they have already sold, one good reason why they want to hang on to power will be looted into private pockets of unscrupulous individuals considering how much money this country received since January 7, 2001 till date but we only got KVIPS, repainted schools and our little ones being fed with fake and expired food.
In Nana Akufo Addo's Ghana, we wouldn't be guaranteed our teachers, nurses, doctors, etc whose salaries have been in arrears will be paid nor will study leave allowances be restored, but we can be guaranteed that more and more jobs will be taken away from the Ghanaian. Our men and women in uniform will still be low on moral and pay and every state property will be sold.
In Nana Akufo Addo's Ghana, we wouldn't be guaranteed that the remaining Ga Lands will be spared, but we can be guaranteed the rest will be sold, pair trawlers would be used to clean the bottom of the sea while we the human beings will be mortgage, one after another in a “donkomi” style.
In the last eight years the Ghanaian people worked hard, they sacrificed in the face of sky-rocking prices and hardcore poverty. They did everything right, and they're willing to work hard again. But instead of their government supporting them, their government walked away from them. Nana Akufo Addo failed to stand up for the Ghanaian but stood up for John Agyekum Kufour to dry clean the nation and poured cocaine on the streets of every city, town and villages.
Prof John E. Atta Mills and John Dramani Mahama will stand up for you. They represent HOPE and Ghana's credibility in a CHANGED WORLD.
Remember this election is not over until we cast our vote for complete CHANGE. Don't think for a minute that the election has already been won for Prof. John Atta Mills so there is no need to go and vote. Get out there on December 28 and vote for the CHANGE WE NEED and ask other Ghanaians to do the same. And in this last couple of days, we need you to do more of our humbly house-to-house campaign started by Prof. John Atta Mills and knock on some more doors for CHANGE.
Fellow Ghanaians, its Christmas time again. Watch out for any big fat Kangaroo Santa Claus. They are going to bring more of the rice President John Agyekum Kufour talked about as donation from India, sewing machines, bicycles, T-shirts, money, hair dryers, and what have you. Why not “Collect am”. After all they were bought with our own looted Ghana money and returning it to the poor is just cool. They have already reduced petrol prices and releasing taxi and “trotro” drivers they illegally jailed and asked others to fumble and kiss dead bodies. More and more Santa Claus goodies are on the way all in an attempt to fool you. On December 28, use your THUMB to make the CHANGE WE NEED complete.
On Election Day, be vigilant more than you were on December 7 and do not allow anybody to fool you by buying your conscience or use any armed robbers to snatch or hijack the ballot box in a Kangaroo Dance style. Let us safeguard that the votes we cast for CHANGE goes to Prof. John E. Atta Mills and not to some cocaine doped Kangaroo who is telling you “I Believe In Ghana” when in actual fact he doesn't even believe in himself. Friends our future depends on the CHANGE WE NEED and the CHARACTER of our next Leader who has the courage to lead our nation out of this mess. Ghana does not need another John Agyekum Kufour in a more Arrogant and Vindictive form like Nana Akufo Addo. Say No to any MOVING FORWARD with Kangaroo Dance!
Fellow Ghanaians, the time for the CHANGE WE NEED has come and the Lord is on our side in the choice of Prof John Atta Mills as President of Ghana. Vote for CHANGE, and reject any “MOVING FORWARD INTO MESS AND MORE MESS”.
Thank you and May God Save Our Motherland.
YESESEM!!! YESESEM!!! YESESEM!!!
Charles N. Nkansah. ([email protected])